News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: frunk on March 02, 2016, 03:51:22 PM
Hmm, let's make it harder, are there any Democratic Primary candidates from the past 20 years who you would vote for before Trump?

I bet he says Liebermann.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 02, 2016, 03:53:13 PM
The man voted for Alan Keyes y'all.  He's operating on a different paradigm.

I will note that I voted him before he was crazy.  Scippy would back me up if he still discussed politics on here (which he's too wise to bother with).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Did Scip ever talk politics with us? He usually would just post that he voted for the Libertarian candidate and that one time he ran for local office.

Also remember we have had multiple people quit the board because we are all a bunch of right wing Americans :P everybody hates us  ;)
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 02, 2016, 03:55:48 PM
Quote from: frunk on March 02, 2016, 03:51:22 PM
Hmm, let's make it harder, are there any Democratic Primary candidates from the past 20 years who you would vote for before Trump?

I bet he says Liebermann.

I'd have to mull that over a bit.  The Lieberman of 2000 and before?  Probably not.  The post-2000 Lieberman, yeah why not.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2016, 03:57:55 PM
Did Scip ever talk politics with us? He usually would just post that he voted for the Libertarian candidate and that one time he ran for local office.

Also remember we have had multiple people quit the board because we are all a bunch of right wing Americans :P everybody hates us  ;)

He used to talk politics.  I remember him saying he also voted Keyes in 1996. 

Raz, that's your cue to start busting on his FB friends and their silly politics.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 02, 2016, 04:05:22 PM
He used to talk politics.  I remember him saying he also voted Keyes in 1996. 

I don't remember that. Must have been like ten years ago.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: katmai on March 02, 2016, 03:37:23 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 02, 2016, 03:08:37 PM

I've just encountered people saying that they are afraid of Hillary because honestly her foreign policy is a lot scarier than Trump's. I can't even. :lol: <_<
Where did you come across these dumbasses?

Facebook. :weep:

Of course, one person consoled the others by saying not to worry - Sanders will be the nominee. It is like bizarro world.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on March 02, 2016, 04:09:30 PM
Of course, one person consoled the others by saying not to worry - Sanders will be the nominee. It is like bizarro world.

That'll happen after Hillary gets arrested for killing that Foster dude. No statute of limitations on murder.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

Quote from: katmai on March 02, 2016, 03:37:23 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 02, 2016, 03:08:37 PM

I've just encountered people saying that they are afraid of Hillary because honestly her foreign policy is a lot scarier than Trump's. I can't even. :lol: <_<
Where did you come across these dumbasses?
Fellow GOP members :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2016, 01:15:56 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 02, 2016, 01:10:14 PM
I wonder if Jon Stewart is at least a little bit sorry he chose to retire before all this.

Yeah how is that South African guy doing?

He's terrible and the show's ratings have tanked.

I'm sure he's a nice guy but it was always The Jon Stewart Show, not whatever it was supposed to be.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

MadImmortalMan

Meanwhile, Joel Hodgson kickstarted MST3K.  :sleep:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

I stopped watching The Daily Show when Kilborn left. 

All the Euros are like, "who??"

Valmy

FunkMonk

:D

I stopped watching Jon Stewart long before he retired. He became way too preachy and smarmy. I like folksy, self-deprecating Jon Stewart, not aggressively condescending Jon Stewart.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Martinus

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 02, 2016, 02:24:48 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on March 02, 2016, 02:19:32 PM
Trump has told us already what he would do. He would make America Great Again!

Oh, and have Mexico build a wall, that too.

He would also use words.  You wouldn't believe the words he would use.

He has best words. :contract: