News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

I'd like to point out that spicy wouldn't have two votes without the 19th amendment.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 02, 2016, 01:58:06 PM
If it's Trump vs. Hillary I will have to wait and see what the Ohio opinion polls look like.  Come November, if Ohio has one or the other leading in the polls by a substantial margin, I'll support a third party candidate to vote my conscience.  But if it's close (and I fear it will be), I'll have no choice but to grit my teeth and throw in our two votes for Trump.

Well here is hoping Hillary is so far ahead you are free to vote your true feelings -_-
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

If it's Trump vs. Hillary I will have to wait and see what the Ohio opinion polls look like.  Come November, if Ohio has one or the other leading in the polls by a substantial margin, I'll support a third party candidate to vote my conscience.  But if it's close (and I fear it will be), I'll have no choice but to grit my teeth and throw in our two votes for Trump.

I don't see it.

With Hillary at least you know what you're getting.  It'll be a continuation of both Bill and Obama's policies.  They've been weak on foreign affairs, but at least they don't admire Putin.

Trump - who knows what he's going to do?  About the only thing I can discern from his rambling is that he's protectionist on trade - which is exactly the wrong move.  Plus you have all the thinly veiled racism which doesn't sit well at all.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Trump has told us already what he would do. He would make America Great Again!

Oh, and have Mexico build a wall, that too.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 02, 2016, 02:06:22 PM
I'd like to point out that spicy wouldn't have two votes without the 19th amendment.  :P

Yeah, women's suffrage hasn't exactly been a walk in the park but I'm doing my best to make it work for me.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 02, 2016, 02:19:32 PM

He would also use words.  You wouldn't believe the words he would use.

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on March 02, 2016, 02:15:07 PM

I don't see it.

With Hillary at least you know what you're getting.  It'll be a continuation of both Bill and Obama's policies.  They've been weak on foreign affairs, but at least they don't admire Putin.

Trump - who knows what he's going to do?  About the only thing I can discern from his rambling is that he's protectionist on trade - which is exactly the wrong move.  Plus you have all the thinly veiled racism which doesn't sit well at all.

Why are you listing these things as negatives for derspeiss?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

With Hillary at least you know what you're getting.  It'll be a continuation of both Bill and Obama's policies. 

No shit, Sherlock.  If my other choice is Hillary I'll take Door #3 thnks.  Did you *seriously* think there is feasible scenario where I'd actually vote for Hillary?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 02, 2016, 02:24:48 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on March 02, 2016, 02:19:32 PM

He would also use words.  You wouldn't believe the words he would use.

They're gonna be the prettiest words anyone has ever used.  And you're gonna love them.

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on March 02, 2016, 02:26:32 PM
With Hillary at least you know what you're getting.  It'll be a continuation of both Bill and Obama's policies. 

No shit, Sherlock.  If my other choice is Hillary I'll take Door #3 thnks.  Did you *seriously* think there is feasible scenario where I'd actually vote for Hillary?

Yes.

A scenario where the other option is a racist, unqualified, dangerous populist.

Or rather, I would think that is a scenario that would result in a Hillary vote for those who are not racist, populist fascist wanna-bes.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

frunk

I think Trump is going to be able to tack toward the center better than any other modern politician, just because very little of what he says makes sense or can be taken seriously.  What's a few more contradictory and confusing statements on top of what he's already said?

Valmy

Quote from: frunk on March 02, 2016, 02:33:50 PM
I think Trump is going to be able to tack toward the center better than any other modern politician, just because very little of what he says makes sense or can be taken seriously.  What's a few more contradictory and confusing statements on top of what he's already said?

I like that he can say he is for single payer health care but nobody cares and votes for him anyway. It is like a magical spell. Hell even Spicey is going to do it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on March 02, 2016, 02:28:02 PM
Yes.

A scenario where the other option is a racist, unqualified, dangerous populist.

Or rather, I would think that is a scenario that would result in a Hillary vote for those who are not racist, populist fascist wanna-bes.

We've talked back and forth here and on EUOT for like 15 years and you still don't know me!  :D

Hillary is an anti-male sexist, also unqualified for the office, and peddles her own brand of populism.  She's generally a terrible person and I'm done with the Clintons.  I don't like Trump, but he's slightly less terrible than Hillary.

But who knows, maybe I'll finally get my chance to vote Libertarian in a prez election #feelthejohnson

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 02, 2016, 02:36:18 PM
Hillary is an anti-male sexist, also unqualified for the office, and peddles her own brand of populism.  She's generally a terrible person and I'm done with the Clintons.  I don't like Trump, but he's slightly less terrible than Hillary.

But who knows, maybe I'll finally get my chance to vote Libertarian in a prez election #feelthejohnson

Anti-male? Unqualified? Ok terrible person I can get but come on.

And she could not be more of an insider of a corrupt sell out part of the establishment. Populist? LOL.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2016, 02:37:19 PM
Anti-male? Unqualified? Ok terrible person I can get but come on.

And she could not be more of an insider of a corrupt sell out part of the establishment. Populist? LOL.

Her feminazism is a specific form of populism.