And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2016, 01:15:56 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 02, 2016, 01:10:14 PM
I wonder if Jon Stewart is at least a little bit sorry he chose to retire before all this.

Yeah how is that South African guy doing?

Quit watching too. Couldnt stand him. He is too posh. Stewart had that New Jersey street charm.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 02, 2016, 01:05:44 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2016, 12:56:37 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 02, 2016, 12:53:31 PM
That would be hilarious.

It is all about the LOLZ.

At this point, what else do we have??

Yeah if Trump wins I can at least find the President extremely amusing. I just wish Canada or somebody else was electing him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on March 02, 2016, 01:20:32 PM
What will Languish Republicans do in the actual election if (looking more like when) Trump wins this race? Vote for him, stay home, switch to Democrat?  :hmm:

My all-important foreigner non-vote would be for Hillary - the first time I'd have ever non-voted for a Democrat. :o
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2016, 12:32:17 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 02, 2016, 12:31:05 PM
:huh:

I've been saying Trump is going to win the nomination for weeks now. :contract:

He is making fun of Dorsey I think. I should probably have changed "Jeffery Larson" to "Dorsey Foreisman".

When Trump is not the nominee, all of you guys, and especially BB, better acknowledge that I was right on this while you were wrong.

And in case something comes up scandal wise to knock Trump of his perch, that isn't a mitigating factor--I said way back that this was the point he would be vulnerable to such a thing - as the front runner getting sustained attacks from a small group of opponents that can concentrate a message as well as more scrutiny as an "imminent" nominee.

Also, I alluded to him being stopped like Huey Long was, so I have that covered too.  :ph34r:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on March 02, 2016, 01:21:19 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 02, 2016, 01:07:57 PM
Oh yeah, so amusing.

Not getting my hopes up, but if it happens I'm looking for a grade A meltdown from you.  Do not let me down.

I suspect you will be disappointed either way.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

I dont know about Republicans but at least Fireblade will vote for Trump if "that bitch steals Bernie's nomination". :D

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on March 02, 2016, 01:25:14 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2016, 12:32:17 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 02, 2016, 12:31:05 PM
:huh:

I've been saying Trump is going to win the nomination for weeks now. :contract:

He is making fun of Dorsey I think. I should probably have changed "Jeffery Larson" to "Dorsey Foreisman".

When Trump is not the nominee, all of you guys, and especially BB, better acknowledge that I was right on this while you were wrong.

And in case something comes up scandal wise to knock Trump of his perch, that isn't a mitigating factor--I said way back that this was the point he would be vulnerable to such a thing - as the front runner getting sustained attacks from a small group of opponents that can concentrate a message as well as more scrutiny as an "imminent" nominee.

Also, I alluded to him being stopped like Huey Long was, so I have that covered too.  :ph34r:

If Trump is not the GOP nominee then I will gladly put a quote in my signature of your choosing to the effect that you were right and I was wrong, which will remain until the general election. :contract:

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on March 02, 2016, 01:26:58 PM
I dont know about Republicans but at least Fireblade will vote for Trump if "that bitch steals Bernie's nomination". :D

Bernie is a fruitcake. But then so is FB so I can get that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Berkut on March 02, 2016, 12:38:24 PM
What really scares me is that Trump gets the nomination, then a few months before the election another bombshell about the email server crap gets dropped that destroys Clinton.

That would be hilarious.

Even more hilarious will be the reaction of the GOP Senators, after having stonewalled Obama's moderate supreme court pick for over a year, when President Trump nominates Elizabeth Warren to the Court.  :)
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2016, 12:56:37 PM
That would be hilarious.

It is all about the LOLZ.

The race has been a boon to comedians. Not least, because of how hideously uncharismatic two of the three leading Republicans are.

Cruz looks just like Grampa Munster:

http://40.media.tumblr.com/a605820f97cfcd44e34fe3f86d0ece82/tumblr_o11jlth1Mu1qbn1vmo1_1280.jpg
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 02, 2016, 01:36:19 PM
What really scares me is that Trump gets the nomination, then a few months before the election another bombshell about the email server crap gets dropped that destroys Clinton.

That would be hilarious.

Even more hilarious will be the reaction of the GOP Senators, after having stonewalled Obama's moderate supreme court pick for over a year, when President Trump nominates Elizabeth Warren to the Court.  :)

Come on - you know his first nominee will be Maryann Barry.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on March 02, 2016, 01:40:37 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 02, 2016, 01:36:19 PM

That would be hilarious.

Come on - you know his first nominee will be Maryann Barry.

I would have thought Nancy Grace.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on March 02, 2016, 01:23:57 PM
What will Languish Republicans do in the actual election if (looking more like when) Trump wins this race? Vote for him, stay home, switch to Democrat?  :hmm:

My all-important foreigner non-vote would be for Hillary - the first time I'd have ever non-voted for a Democrat. :o

Figures.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 02, 2016, 01:48:40 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 02, 2016, 01:23:57 PM

Figures.

Canadians will support NAFTA. Even if Hillary is TOTALLY LYING about not being for free trade deals right now. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

derspiess

If it's Trump vs. Hillary I will have to wait and see what the Ohio opinion polls look like.  Come November, if Ohio has one or the other leading in the polls by a substantial margin, I'll support a third party candidate to vote my conscience.  But if it's close (and I fear it will be), I'll have no choice but to grit my teeth and throw in our two votes for Trump.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall