Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2016, 08:59:23 PM
Looks like Cruz may win Oklahoma as well

'Mobile Home Republicans' we call them.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Habbaku

Cruz winning Texas and North Texas would be nice, at least.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on March 01, 2016, 09:02:15 PM
Cruz winning Texas and North Texas would be nice, at least.

This would enrage me if not for the knowledge it would enrage Okies far more :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Perhaps the state should be divided into South Oklahoma and North Mexico.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 01, 2016, 08:54:48 PM
The party of Lincoln laid low by a reality TV celebrity. For shame.

It isn't just Trump.  I hate to say it, but the rest of the leading Republican candidates don't look like reasonable moderates to me any more, especially Cruz and Carson.  What does it say about a great party like the US Republican party if three of their leading candidates take non-moderate positions?  And frankly, while Mr Rubio takes somewhat more reasonable positions, this can only be said in a strictly relative sense.  I hate Bernie Sanders, but he actually appears to be much more rational. 

Eddie Teach

Our primary process does a good job of weeding out moderates.

jimmy olsen

Oklahoma has been called for Cruz.

It's now Trump 5, Cruz 2, Rubio 0
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

katmai

So a Canadian and a Twat? Looks like my streak of non G.O.P. voting continues since write in for McCain in 2000.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 01, 2016, 09:11:17 PM
Oklahoma has been called for Cruz.

It's now Trump 5, Cruz 2, Rubio 0

Trump is on the run!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 01, 2016, 09:05:29 PM
Perhaps the state should be divided into South Oklahoma and North Mexico.  :hmm:

Oh come on. We already have a New Mexico. That would just be confusing. Can we also make an 'East Alabama'?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on March 01, 2016, 09:14:20 PM
So a Canadian and a Twat? Looks like my streak of non G.O.P. voting continues since write in for McCain in 2000.

You would totally vote for Justin Bieber who is both.  :P

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son