News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on February 17, 2016, 03:13:54 PM
The times they are a changing. I just realized that the top three republicans in south carolina are a black guy, an indian woman, and a gay guy.

It was not that long ago that the top three republicans were the lynched guy, the lynched guy, and the lynched guy. :weep:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Phillip V

Quote from: Barrister on February 17, 2016, 02:02:55 PM
Not sure how much endorsements matter, but this might be a useful one - South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley endorses Rubio.

https://politicalwire.com/2016/02/17/rubio-wins-haleys-endorsement/
Rubio-Haley or Rubio-Scott?

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on February 17, 2016, 03:13:54 PM
The times they are a changing. I just realized that the top three republicans in south carolina are a black guy, an indian woman, and a gay guy.

Pics or it did not happen.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2016, 03:16:08 PM

It was not that long ago that the top three republicans were the lynched guy, the lynched guy, and the lynched guy. :weep:

My grandfather told me the story that in the very small pre depression town he grew up in, there was a well respected black mailman. He was allowed to vote. Around election time, people would ask him, "So this election, who will you be voting for?" And he would always answer, "It is my right to vote, and it is my right to keep private who I am voting for." And they all had a good laugh about it, because the republicans would routinely just get one vote and everyone knew it was him.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

I don't think Lindsay Gramm is openly gay. Or openly black.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2016, 03:25:59 PM

I don't see "openly" in Dorsey's post :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

Quote from: alfred russel on February 17, 2016, 03:24:49 PM

My grandfather told me the story that in the very small pre depression town he grew up in, there was a well respected black mailman. He was allowed to vote. Around election time, people would ask him, "So this election, who will you be voting for?" And he would always answer, "It is my right to vote, and it is my right to keep private who I am voting for." And they all had a good laugh about it, because the republicans would routinely just get one vote and everyone knew it was him.

Cool story.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Martinus

Quote from: lustindarkness on February 17, 2016, 03:28:51 PM

Cool story.

Bro?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2016, 03:28:05 PM

Dorsey shouldn't gossip, especially about people he doesn't know personally. :goodboy:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2016, 03:32:29 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on February 17, 2016, 03:28:51 PM

Cool story.

Bro?
Raciss!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 17, 2016, 03:37:31 PM
Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2016, 03:28:05 PM

Dorsey shouldn't gossip, especially about people he doesn't know personally. :goodboy:

Especially as GOP has been full of closet cases since like always. I hoped the guy (or gurl) is openly gay, not Lindsay Graham.

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on February 17, 2016, 03:44:23 PM
Especially as GOP has been full of closet cases since like always. I hoped the guy (or gurl) is openly gay, not Lindsay Graham.

It seems unlikely openly gay republicans are going to be elected governor or senator from South Carolina.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

celedhring

How many relevant openly gay GOP politicians are there? (governors/reps/senators). I'm curious.

The US Ambassador to Spain is openly gay, but a Dem.

Admiral Yi

Can't think of a major figure since Barnie Frank retired.