News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Has the Daily News always been so... flashy? I just didn't register it when I lived in NYC and a left-wing-ish tabloid is such a rare sight  :hmm:

I would probably have read it  :blush:

DGuller

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on January 15, 2016, 10:44:24 AM
Probably, but with Rand Paul out, everyone on the main stage has been pushing the neo-con line on defense and foreign policy.

Wasn't Trump saying we should let Russia handle it?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

sbr

jimmy olsen

NBC/Wallstreet Journal

Trump 33, Cruz 20,  Rubio 13, Carson 12, Bush 5, Christie 5

Since the last poll on December 9th

Trump +6,  Cruz -2, Rubio - 2, Carson +1, Bush -2, Christie +2
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 16, 2016, 10:38:42 AM
NBC/Wallstreet Journal

Trump 33, Cruz 20,  Rubio 13, Carson 12, Bush 5, Christie 5

Since the last poll on December 9th

Trump +6,  Cruz -2, Rubio - 2, Carson +1, Bush -2, Christie +2

Do you guys do polls with Trump v Hillary?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

I found some, but they seem to have made the bizarre choice to only poll Iowa and New Hampshire. Clinton and Sanders both beat Trump head to head in those states.

alfred russel

Quote from: Liep on January 16, 2016, 10:58:28 AM
Do you guys do polls with Trump v Hillary?

Realclearpolitics has a compilation of polls.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/pres_general/

Foxnews has Trump beating hillary by 3, Cruz beating hillary by 7, Rubio beating Hillary by 9, and Bush tied ( :D).

Rasmussen -- which is also republican but maybe more credible than fox, has Clinton beating trump by 1.

CNN has Clinton over trump by 2, but Cruz over hillary by 2 and Rubio over hillary by 3.

Quinnipiac had a lot of matchups, with the democrats usually winning, including Sanders over Trump by 13, but that was almost a month ago.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 16, 2016, 11:18:09 AM
I found some, but they seem to have made the bizarre choice to only poll Iowa and New Hampshire. Clinton and Sanders both beat Trump head to head in those states.

It makes some sense because those are the states that have been most focused on the election and had the most exposure to the candidates.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

Even if we assume those voters are better informed, a national poll would be a better proxy for the November election.

Liep

So it's not impossible for Trump to actually become the president of the USA?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

It's not impossible for Rand Paul or Chris Christie either. I'm not going to worry about the probability until some actual votes are cast though.