News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on January 14, 2016, 07:27:33 PM
On a slightly unrelated matter, I really liked much of what Nikki Haley had to say.

She has a future.  Maybe she'll be the one to pick up the pieces of the GOP in four years.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Anyone else listening to the shitpile of lies known as the Republican debate?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

Nah, I'll wait until the comics get their hands on it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

I'm pretty hammered and Rand "Whiny Baby" Paul isn't in it so I'm listening, but it's not especially interesting.
Fox isn't exactly asking hard-hitting questions.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DGuller

Trump channels Giuliani and dismantles Cruz's nutsack.  That's about the only notable event in an otherwise predictable collection of Obama denunciations. :zzz These performances are extremely undignified for a nation. :(

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

alfred russel

I've never watched a primary debate, but am tempted to see the trump nonsense...Is it worth it?

How did Trump dismantle Cruz's nutsack?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Moderator:  What did you mean by New York values?
Cruz:  You know what I meant. :perv:
Trump:  9/11  :mad:
Cruz:  :blush:

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on January 14, 2016, 11:19:53 PM
Moderator:  What did you mean by New York values?
Cruz:  You know what I meant. :perv:
Trump:  9/11  :mad:
Cruz:  :blush:

Actually I just watched a 7 minute clip from the debate with Cruz and Trump going back and forth on the stupid birther issue. I thought Cruz more than held his own. He seems to be good at the debate thing.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

DGuller

The birther issue was nothing much.  The New York question is where he was knocked down.

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on January 14, 2016, 11:31:16 PM
The birther issue was nothing much.  The New York question is where he was knocked down.

Maybe there is some merit in the debates after all? Trump has a dumbass birther case against Cruz, and looks dumb when they debate it. Cruz launches a dumbass "new york values" attack on Trump, and is apparently castrated for it.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on January 14, 2016, 11:35:11 PM
Cruz launches a dumbass "new york values" attack on Trump, and is apparently castrated for it.

:huh:

New York values are almost as bad for a President as for a salsa.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 14, 2016, 11:48:40 PM
Cruz launches a dumbass "new york values" attack on Trump, and is apparently castrated for it.

Get a rope.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 14, 2016, 11:48:40 PM

:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.