News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 28, 2015, 08:41:23 PM
This may sound a bit strange, and I'm totally not trying to be mean--but Kasich is showing some physical signs of Parkinson's. The gestures, hand formations, head and mouth twitches. Looks very familiar to me.

Yeah.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DGuller

CNBC, please stick to trying to weave bullshit stories out of stock market trading noise.  Debates are not your forte.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: DGuller on October 28, 2015, 08:58:10 PM
CNBC, please stick to trying to weave bullshit stories out of stock market trading noise.  Debates are not your forte.

Or if you do do it again, at least put in Kramer.

lustindarkness

I think this debate will hurt CNBC. They just proved to all of us that never watch them that we never should.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

HisMajestyBOB

I want another debate with Megyn Kelly.

EDIT but seriously this was a shitshown.
Closing thoughts: Trump is still teflon - even when called out on H1B visas by citing his own website he's unphased.
Cruz did alright, Rubio so-so. Christie spoke a lot and probably did well, but was also obnoxious. Rand still whiny, Jeb! still pretty bad. Fiorina didn't really shine, will probably stagnate where she is in the polls. Kasich did well except for OHIO OHIO OHIO. Carson is terrible but his support comes from the extreme bible-beaters, so it's hard to tell how this will impact him.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Phillip V

Biggest loser was Bush, especially when he went after Rubio and failed.

DGuller

Quote from: Phillip V on October 28, 2015, 09:45:29 PM
Biggest loser was Bush, especially when he went after Rubio and failed.
Yeah, another lackluster night for him, to say the least.  He's just not cut out for this sort of thing, it seems.  EDIT:  And he had the least speaking time. :pinch:

alfred russel

I don't think I can trust a party holding their primary debate during the World Series. I also don't think true Americans would watch the Republican primary debate with the World Series being on.  :hmm:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

lustindarkness

Quote from: alfred russel on October 28, 2015, 10:16:12 PM
I don't think I can trust a party holding their primary debate during the World Series. I also don't think true Americans would watch the Republican primary debate with the World Series being on.  :hmm:

Fuck that noise. I am twice the American than you wish you were and I don't watch baseball.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Republicans hate America.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 28, 2015, 10:22:59 PM

Fuck that noise. I am twice the American than you wish you were and I don't watch baseball.

:o Are you sure you're a Puerto Rican!?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Damn that's gotta smart! :face:

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/10/which-candidates-are-doomed-213309#ixzz3pvXncqgr

Quote from: By Erick EriksonThis was the debate where Jeb Bush sealed the deal and began transitioning to "former Presidential candidate."

Quote from: Bob Shrum
All but Rubio, Cruz, Trump and Carson should drop out. (I would endorse any of the last three for GOP nomination.) Bye, bye Bush. Won't happen, but should. And Christie for convention jester.

Quote from: Paul GoldmanJeb Bush is earnest. But he needs to accept reality: there is no Bush 45 next year.

Quote from: Matt K. LewisJeb Bush was the clear loser—and Rubio's smackdown of him ("Someone convinced you attacking me is going to help you") was probably the moment of the night. Bush has now moved from the point where he was merely floundering, and entered territory where he might do long-term damage to his legacy.

Quote from: Seth Masketthe most disappointing performances in the debates so far just have to be Jeb Bush's. That doesn't mean he needs to drop out of the race right away. He has a range of support among party insiders, and Bushes have shown an ability to win even when their public speeches and debate performances are lackluster. But the patience of the people backing Bush is not endless. He'll need to do something soon to suggest he's actually good at this.

Quote from: John HudakJeb Bush looked desperate (a fair reflection of reality). Carly Fiorina ensured a continued slide in the polls, as she remained fairly anonymous on stage. Ben Carson, entering the night with the wind at his back, looked more like a candidate with the sun in his eyes—dazed, confused, and completely unprepared to debate the issues relevant for a presidential race.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point