News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 28, 2015, 07:28:15 PM
Moderator: Trump, are you a comic book president?

EDIT: Kasich: Everyone up here is a moron on the budget except me.
"Only my tax cuts really will increase the revenues, everyone else is a supply side moron.  :mad:"

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DGuller

CNBC moderators are far too heavy handed.  Maybe its needed, you can't have a real debate with 10 people, but sheesh.  Half the time is spent on them trying to drown out the candidates trying to add something to the discussion.

MadImmortalMan

Christie and Huck have horrible suits. If you raise your arms, your jacket buttons should not hit you in the chin.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HisMajestyBOB

Cruz is gonna buy tequila and pot brownies for the inauguration party.
He's got my vote.  :smoke:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

MadImmortalMan

It's strange watching this. Politics are definitely not in the journalistic wheelhouse of people like Dominic Chu.

So, Senator, what is your campaign's price to earnings ratio, and what kind of guidance would you give looking forward to the end of the fourth fiscal quarter?

Admiral Yi

How the hell did CNBC get the moderating gig?  :huh:

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 28, 2015, 08:08:12 PM
How the hell did CNBC get the moderating gig?  :huh:
Yeah, frankly, that's a putrid performance from them.  And, ugh, Ted Cruz actually had some grains of truth in his denouncement of CNBC.  These questions are all pretty hostile, it just doesn't make for a good debate, even if the vast majority of candidates are deserving of mockery.

MadImmortalMan

These are Wall Street reporters. You don't really expect them to be nice to GOP candidates in 2015.

DGuller

Good God, what the fuck was that question about Costco and gays to Carson?  Talk about lobbing a softball, and looking like a total jerk in the process.  Both sides of the debate stage are embarrassing the country right now.

alfred russel

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 28, 2015, 08:17:50 PM
These are Wall Street reporters. You don't really expect them to be nice to GOP candidates in 2015.

But Wall Street donates way more to Republicans these days. Thanks Obama.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadImmortalMan

This may sound a bit strange, and I'm totally not trying to be mean--but Kasich is showing some physical signs of Parkinson's. The gestures, hand formations, head and mouth twitches. Looks very familiar to me.

lustindarkness

Getting rid of the IRS does sound kinda nice (of course, I'm not employed by them).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DGuller

Huckabee argues for curing diabetes, heart disease, cancer, and Alzheimer's.  Finally a policy uttered tonight I can get behind.

DGuller

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 28, 2015, 08:41:23 PM
This may sound a bit strange, and I'm totally not trying to be mean--but Kasich is showing some physical signs of Parkinson's. The gestures, hand formations, head and mouth twitches. Looks very familiar to me.
Is something wrong with his left arm?  It look weird when his hand gestures only use one hand, while the other one is just hanging there.