News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

She managed to beat HP.  I mean, I didn't think they could suck more then when I got one back in 1997, but she brought them to knew levels of suck.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on September 18, 2015, 12:26:43 AM
She managed to beat HP.  I mean, I didn't think they could suck more then when I got one back in 1997, but she brought them to knew levels of suck.
:D
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on September 18, 2015, 12:26:43 AM
I don't think so either, but a presidential race headlined by two women would be interesting.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

What will she run on? No political experience and she's pretty vulnerable on the "will run the country efficiently like I ran my companies" angle.

KRonn

I like Fiorina well enough, she's sharp and speaks well on issues. She also seems very confident and strong minded. She's been able to address the HP stuff but her opponents will play that up all they can, so I'm not so worried about that. It's still early yet, but it's good to see Carly getting some good attention.

Valmy

Quote from: KRonn on September 18, 2015, 09:16:27 AM
I like Fiorina well enough, she's sharp and speaks well on issues. She also seems very confident and strong minded. She's been able to address the HP stuff but her opponents will play that up all they can, so I'm not so worried about that. It's still early yet, but it's good to see Carly getting some good attention.

She constantly lies. I mean obvious lies. Especially about her HP stuff. I guess that is par for the course for politicians but if you are going to lie about your past, instead of what your intentions are for the future, at least be charming about it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

And now for the sort of frank, honest exchange we simply do not see enough of in American politics in this day and age:

QuotePunch thrown as GOP Mackinac confab begins

A huge Republican political gathering on Mackinac Island got under way Thursday night with a barroom incident in which a top official for presidential candidate Sen. Marco Rubio allegedly threw a punch at a Michigan consultant working for Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky.

The alleged incident took place at Horn's Bar, a popular nightspot on Mackinac Island, which hosts the Mackinac Republican Leadership Conference, which is held every other year and has drawn six GOP presidential hopefuls this year.

John Yob, a Grand Rapids political consultant who is national political director and chief Michigan strategist for the Rand Paul campaign, said on Facebook Friday morning that he was punched in the face inside the bar by Rich Beeson, who is deputy campaign manager for Rubio, a Florida senator.

"I ran into a guy named Rich Beeson, who frankly I didn't even know who it was at first because he isn't relevant in our political world," Yob said. "He literally physically assaulted me by punching me in the face. The state police are looking for him. I have it on video, from multiple angles. This will play out in the national media in the next few hours."

An officer at the Mackinac Island Police Department early Friday would neither confirm nor deny that the incident took place. He said there would be no comment until the chief of police arrives at the station later this morning. Beeson did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment.

In 2003, at the Detroit Regional Chamber's annual policy conference on Mackinac Island, U.S. Rep. Mike Bishop, then a state senator, got punched as he attempted to board a carriage in an early morning incident near Horn's Bar. The Clarkston man who threw the punch was arrested and convicted.

Paul is expected to be on the island to speak at the conference. Rubio is not. The conference, hosted by the Michigan Republican Party, runs until Sunday morning.

Michigan:  If you seek a raucous caucus look around you. 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on September 18, 2015, 09:20:46 AM
Quote from: KRonn on September 18, 2015, 09:16:27 AM

She constantly lies. I mean obvious lies. Especially about her HP stuff. I guess that is par for the course for politicians but if you are going to lie about your past, instead of what your intentions are for the future, at least be charming about it.

I felt she's answered questions about her HP time pretty well. She was in a top position and that's always a tough place to be, especially when a company goes through big changes, transitions or mergers. But if I do find that she is lying so much then that would impact how I feel about her honesty on the current issues she talks about.

Grallon

So the Trump clown is out then since you're all talking about that cunt (I was an HP employee until 3 months ago)?

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

11B4V

Quote from: Grallon on September 18, 2015, 10:33:34 AM
So the Trump clown is out then since you're all talking about that cunt (I was an HP employee until 3 months ago)?

G.

What's your take on her? If you're not under a gag order.

Admiral Yi

G.

The Donald is still the front runner.

KRonn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 18, 2015, 10:39:12 AM

G.

Lol, I wonder if he even wanted it! At first I figured he wasn't all that serious about it, just running for the publicity and fun of it. But he is serious. So far he's stood up well in keeping his support up but he still doesn't show much substance and I keep thinking people are going to get tired of him and his support will start dropping.

Gups

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 18, 2015, 10:39:12 AM

G.

Is he getting any support outside the GOP base?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Gups on September 18, 2015, 10:47:39 AM
Is he getting any support outside the GOP base?

I think all his support comes from outside the base, defined as bible thumpers and country clubbers.

His support seems to be coming from lager louts.

Who I don't see as being likely to attend a caucus or vote in a primary.