2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/oct/19/trump-clinton-debate-las-vegas

QuoteNot since Mike Tyson bit off part of Evander Holyfield's ear has Las Vegas witnessed a title fight so surreal as that which will be staged between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton tonight. The third and final presidential debate at the University of Las Vegas comes as both campaigns are beset by controversy. For Clinton, it's the hacking of her campaign chairman's emails; for Trump, it's the accusations of sexual assault.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Is that Egg McMuffin guy going to win Utah? I want to make all the lols if that happens.

Lols guys lols
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 18, 2016, 09:18:18 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 18, 2016, 09:08:58 PM
Eh, the Clintons came into office with a peacenik mentality

No, they didn't.  Free from containment and brinksmanship, they came in with an optimistic outlook for using American power in a positive and proactive fashion in the post-Soviet era: by ensuring global peace by safeguarding human rights and guaranteeing free trade.

QuoteObama is the same way, he starts off with this idealistic world-view where everyone can get along if they just sit down and have a beer.  Eight years in and his response to dealing with some asshole in the middle east is just "kill the bastards".  I doubt he even gives it a second thought when he signs off on a drone strike anymore.

You're being Razzy.  Lay off the candy this late at night.

Compare how Clinton dealt with Bosnia in his first term and Kosovo in his second.  Pretty much ever president comes in with naive notions on how rational people are in other countries.  Eventually, they learn and realize that you can't deal with some people.  Hillary Clinton won't need to go to that process again.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Gups

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on October 19, 2016, 07:59:56 AM
Compare how Clinton dealt with Bosnia in his first term

Air war.

Quoteand Kosovo in his second.

Air war.

QuotePretty much ever president comes in with naive notions on how rational people are in other countries.  Eventually, they learn and realize that you can't deal with some people.  Hillary Clinton won't need to go to that process again.

You're being Razzy again.  Stop it.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on October 19, 2016, 02:09:14 AM
Trump tweeted this, quoting...himself. :D

Someone really needs to tell him that Warren Harding ran for President.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

Limbaugh already seems to be doing a post-mortem on the Trump campaign.  He's usually trying to rally the troops at this point in the campaign.

So-- do we know Hillary's cabinet yet?  Has it been leaked?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Hamilcar

Quote from: derspiess on October 19, 2016, 11:55:38 AM
So-- do we know Hillary's cabinet yet?  Has it been leaked?

She should make it 100% women to give the Trumpistas a stroke.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Find a spot for Michelle Obama on it.

I would say something for Obama himself, but I know he is going to USSC...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Hamilcar

Quote from: Berkut on October 19, 2016, 12:27:18 PM
I would say something for Obama himself, but I know he is going to USSC...

He'd be more than qualified, and all the right people would die of apoplexy.

Zanza

She should have a token white guy in there. A homosexual atheist white guy.

Berkut

Quote from: Zanza on October 19, 2016, 12:35:59 PM
She should have a token white guy in there. A homosexual atheist white guy.

Hmmm....three out of four ain't bad!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned