2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2016, 11:04:48 AM
QuoteThis Doesn't Throw Me': Trump Backers Unfazed by Claims of Bad Behavior

Keep in mind there's millions, maybe 10s of millions of Americans like them out there.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on October 15, 2016, 11:10:20 AM

Keep in mind there's millions, maybe 10s of millions of Americans like them out there.
Once Hillary becomes president, these numbers will be reduced.  :ph34r:

CountDeMoney

Of course;  they're all not related to derspiess.  This whole thing isn't going to move their needle at all.

Valmy

The fact that some voters think Clinton is a super natural being of super human power and STILL won't vote for her is puzzling.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2016, 11:15:55 AM
Of course;  they're all not related to derspiess.  This whole thing isn't going to move their needle at all.

Begs the question what happens when there's a candidate who can tap that font of resentment and isn't as scandalous a person as Trump.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 15, 2016, 11:41:59 AM

Begs the question what happens when there's a candidate who can tap that font of resentment and isn't as scandalous a person as Trump.

Well that is the question isn't it? Can you recreate The Donald without him being The Donald? Trump has star power, celebrity, and a way of drawing attention to himself that is difficult to replicate. I am certain somebody will try.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

I have Trump's rally on live right now, it's all "rigged election" this and "rigged election" that.  He just won't STFU about the rigged election.  Or locking Hillary up.  It's all the same thing, over and over.

I hope all his 2nd Amendment fans finally get their big shot at the title against the Heavyweight Champion, the United States Government.

CountDeMoney

He is such a unique aberration--the combination of his wealth, his level of celebrity, his textbook demagoguery--that I don't think there's another figure on the national level where this uniqueness can be replicated.  If the GOP wants to keep going crazy, it'll be some unknown yahoo from the House of Representatives.

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on October 15, 2016, 11:04:12 AM
Favorite random comment from a user on one of the Trump pics my sister shared today:
QuoteLiberals are going to Shit their pants when Russia invades and we Conservatives let them wipe you out.

Man I miss the days when Conservatives were pro-America and anti-Russia.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on October 15, 2016, 11:53:33 AM
Man I miss the days when Conservatives were pro-America and anti-Russia.

Obama pretty much said roughly the same thing the other day.   :lol:

lustindarkness

Quote from: Valmy on October 15, 2016, 11:35:23 AM
The fact that some voters think Clinton is a super natural being of super human power and STILL won't vote for her is puzzling.

It's only rumors, if it was proven, I'd vote for her.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Martinus

I don't think that's it. I don't think anyone (except perhaps 4chan trolls) supports Trump because of his personality. His supporters can be divided, broadly into three (overlapping) groups: 1) those who support him because of the issues he represents, 2) those who support him because he has (R) next to his name, and 3) those who support him because they want a Republican to handle the upcoming SCOTUS nominations. None of them are going to switch to Hillary because he talks trash.

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2016, 11:53:11 AM

He is such a unique aberration--the combination of his wealth, his level of celebrity, his textbook demagoguery--that I don't think there's another figure on the national level where this uniqueness can be replicated.  If the GOP wants to keep going crazy, it'll be some unknown yahoo from the House of Representatives.

I don't think there is turning back for the GOP. Trump represents the sentiments of their base.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".