Reform Party
Libertarian Party (only vote I regret)
Manitoba PC Party
Canadian Alliance
Conservative Party
Alberta PC Party
Yukon Party
Wildrose Party

I believe in ideological loyalty, but I'm definitely not wedded to one particular party. :P
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Fate

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 10:49:02 AM
Quote from: celedhring on October 13, 2016, 10:43:36 AM
I just mentally read that Limbaugh quote with Stephen Colbert's voice and it just fits. Poe's Law never ceases to amaze me.

Well, d'uh.  Who do you think Colbert was parodying all those years?

I think Bill O'Reilly and his nightly show The Factor was really Colbert's main inspiration.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Fate on October 13, 2016, 11:16:46 AM
Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 10:49:02 AM
Quote from: celedhring on October 13, 2016, 10:43:36 AM
I just mentally read that Limbaugh quote with Stephen Colbert's voice and it just fits. Poe's Law never ceases to amaze me.

Well, d'uh.  Who do you think Colbert was parodying all those years?

I think Bill O'Reilly and his nightly show The Factor was really Colbert's main inspiration.

Yeah, there's a reason why he always referred to O'Reilly as "Papa Bear"
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Zoupa

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 11:14:31 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on October 13, 2016, 11:10:46 AM
Beeb believes in party loyalty  :P

I've mentioned this before but...

In the past 20 years or so I've voted for the following political parties:

Reform Party
Libertarian Party (only vote I regret)
Manitoba PC Party
Canadian Alliance
Conservative Party
Alberta PC Party
Yukon Party
Wildrose Party

I believe in ideological loyalty, but I'm definitely not wedded to one particular party. :P

You're mixing up provincial and federal parties, some of those are just party rebrandings and you also moved provinces a few times.

Gimme a break.

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 11:14:31 AM

Whichever party will emphasize enforce conformity over liberty, Beebs will support!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jacob

Apparently Trump is making a major speech right now... heavy on how a small cabal of global financiers and media are controlling everything, how he wouldn't have sexually assaulted the writer from People Magazine because she's not hot enough, and by the way Hillary Clinton and her law firm should all be in jail.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on October 13, 2016, 12:40:21 PM
Apparently Trump is making a major speech right now... heavy on how a small cabal of global financiers and media are controlling everything, how he wouldn't have sexually assaulted the writer from People Magazine because she's not hot enough, and by the way Hillary Clinton and her law firm should all be in jail.

Joke?

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on October 13, 2016, 12:44:12 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 13, 2016, 10:29:32 AM
Kasowitz.  Figures.

The New York Times replies:

It's agressive, but I do like the 'your client doesn't have a good name to defame' angle. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Michelle Obama takes Trump and dumps him in the trash. Best bit from minute 27 to 39 minutes.

https://youtu.be/SJ45VLgbe_E?t=27m

Chunk of the speech:

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2016, 12:50:22 PM
Quote from: Jacob on October 13, 2016, 12:44:12 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 13, 2016, 10:29:32 AM
Kasowitz.  Figures.

The New York Times replies:

It's agressive, but I do like the 'your client doesn't have a good name to defame' angle. :)

Assuming that is the NYT reply, I think that second paragraph is disappointing. The NYT shouldn't be making that case about a presidential candidate a month before the election.

I realize it may have to defend itself at some point from a charge, but it isn't at that point, and that letter could have been sent privately (I'm assuming, that if from the NYT, it wasn't).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 13, 2016, 12:45:56 PM

Joke?

From Teh Grauniad:

QuoteThis is a struggle for the survival of our nation, believe me, and this will be our last chance to save it.

Trump says the election will reveal whether the country is a democracy or whether the levers of power "are in fact controlled by a small band of global interests rigging the system. This is reality, you know it, I know it..."

Trump sounds distant in this speech. He's talking about the invisible global network of elites and what they will do if you take them on.

"They will attack you, they will slander you, they will seek to destroy... everything about you including your reputation. They will lie, lie, lie... the Clintons are criminals, remember that. They're criminals.

QuoteTrump says the global economy will explode unless he's elected president. Then he makes a newish claim about Clinton, that she operates in secret "in order to enrich these global financial powers." Trump says he read it in Wikileaks.

Lock her up! chants the crowd.

"Honestly, she should be locked up," Trump says.

Each day he seems to go farther into Infowars territory.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Apparently Trump is making a major speech right now... heavy on how a small cabal of global financiers and media are controlling everything

Well is not outright saying the Jews run the world but...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 13, 2016, 12:45:56 PM

Joke?

I wish. I'm not watching the speech directly, but rather following first hand reporting - so it may not be as egregious on second look... but given the track record so far, I'm not sure how likely that is.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oct/13/trump-sexual-misconduct-allegations-election-clinton-obama

Quote36m ago
18:16
Trump says the global economy will explode unless he's elected president. Then he makes a newish claim about Clinton, that she operates in secret "in order to enrich these global financial powers." Trump says he read it in Wikileaks.

Quote34m ago
18:21
Trump says nation will not survive if he loses

This is a struggle for the survival of our nation, believe me, and this will be our last chance to save it.

Trump says the election will reveal whether the country is a democracy or whether the levers of power "are in fact controlled by a small band of global interests rigging the system. This is reality, you know it, I know it..."

Trump sounds distant in this speech. He's talking about the invisible global network of elites and what they will do if you take them on.

"They will attack you, they will slander you, they will seek to destroy... everything about you including your reputation. They will lie, lie, lie... the Clintons are criminals, remember that. They're criminals.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/10/13/13272920/trump-sexual-assault-natasha-stoynoff

QuoteOn Thursday, Trump said it wasn't true. His proof: Stoynoff's looks.

"Look at her," Trump said at a speech on Thursday. "Look at her words. You tell me what you think. I don't think so."

The lawyer thing was not from the speech, I now realize. That was a comment from yesterday: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/donald-trump-says-hell-imprison-hillary-clintons-lawyers-too

QuoteAfter Donald Trump called for Hillary Clinton to be jailed during Sunday's presidential debate, some Trump surrogates suggested he was simply joking, and his running mate Mike Pence said his remarks had been taken out of context. But at a Wednesday rally in Lakeland, Florida, Trump promised that no, he really did intend to throw Hillary Clinton in prison if elected—and to prosecute her lawyers for good measure.

In his afternoon speech outside an airplane hangar off I-4 in the center of the swing state, Trump offered his toughest words yet for the former secretary of state. "Hillary Clinton bleached and deleted 33,000 emails after a congressional subpoena," he told the crowd. "So she gets the subpoena, she gets the subpoena, and after—not before, that would be bad—but after getting the subpoena to give over your emails and lots of other things, she deleted the emails. She. Has. To. Go. To. Jail."

Trump didn't stop there. He also wanted the people who advised her to delete the emails to be charged, arrested, and jailed. "And her law firm, which is a very big and powerful law firm, which is the one that said, 'Oh, they'll determine what they're giving,' those representatives within that law firm that did that, have to go to jail," Trump said.

Syt

Quote"Our Independence Day is at hand, and it arrives finally on November 8th," Trump says, finishing a blistering speech here in FL.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.