2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

"Women for Trump" - show of support or sacrificial offering?  :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

jimmy olsen

Trump's may no longer be shackled to the GOP, but the GOP is shackled to his campaign's corpse. A 13 point collapse in support among men and a 24 collapse in support among women. If that's representative of the nation as a whole, then this is going to a blowout of epic proportions.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

My friend's little boy isn't sure what exactly is going on, but he calls Trump "the angry man."   :lol:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 13, 2016, 05:35:58 AM
My friend's little boy isn't sure what exactly is going on, but he calls Trump "the angry man."   :lol:

"No son, this is the Obergropenführer."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Valmy

Wait so a majority of likely voters in Wisconsin were all set to vote for this clown before those stupid tapes were released? Jesus.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Valmy

Quote from: katmai on October 13, 2016, 07:13:01 AM
Says the guy living in Texas.

I suffer from a delusion that things are unusual here clearly.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2016, 07:18:17 AM
Quote from: katmai on October 13, 2016, 07:13:01 AM
Says the guy living in Texas.

I suffer from a delusion that things are unusual here clearly.

Sadly just not the case :lol:

Alaska poll numbers

Trump led the pack with 36.1 percent, followed by Democrat Hillary Clinton at 30.6 percent, Libertarian Gary Johnson at 17.9 percent and Green Party nominee Jill Stein at 6 percent. Nine percent were undecided.

The poll was conducted for Dispatch News by Alaska Survey Research from Sept. 28 to Oct. 2, surveying 660 registered voters with live questioners via cellphones and landlines. The margin of error is 3.8 percent.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Solmyr

Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2016, 06:48:18 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 13, 2016, 05:35:58 AM

"No son, this is the Obergropenführer."

:lol:

Berkut

Quote from: Syt on October 12, 2016, 11:49:47 PM
If the allegations are true I wouldn't be surprised if Trump thought he did nothing wrong. I'm pretty sure that unless a woman is kicking and screaming against his advances he thinks it's consensual.

I don't even think people like him think it is consensual so much as it is no big deal.

Hey, I grabbed her crotch, she pushed me away, so I kissed her and grabbed her ass and she slapped me.

Oh well, maybe the next one!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Syt

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-russia-idUSKCN12D1V0

QuoteTrump adviser accuses U.S. of disregarding Russia's interests

A foreign policy adviser to U.S. Republican candidate Donald Trump has accused Washington of contributing to an atmosphere of mutual contempt with Moscow by disregarding Russia's interests.

Carter Page, a former investment banker whose views on Russia have caused controversy in the past, made the comments in an opinion piece for Russia's state-controlled Sputnik news agency that was published on Thursday.

"From Syria to Ukraine to world energy policy, Russia remains an essential piece in the puzzle for solving many of Washington's most pressing geostrategic challenges," Page wrote in the article.

The U.S. government had shown a "complete disregard for Russia's interests", Page said, saying this had fueled a sharp deterioration in bilateral relations.

Trump, the Republican nominee for next month's U.S. election, named Page as being among five foreign policy advisers in March. Both Trump and Page are known for their more conciliatory stance toward Russia, in contrast to the views of many prominent Republicans.

In a speech in Moscow in July, Page criticized Western countries for what he said was their "hypocritical focus on democratization" in the post-Soviet world.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/oct/13/trump-sexual-misconduct-allegations-election-clinton-obama?page=with:block-57ff94e3e4b047a4eaafc1d6#block-57ff94e3e4b047a4eaafc1d6

QuoteDonald Trump has told a Serbian magazine that the US participation in the 1995 and 1999 Nato bombing of Serbian forces was "a big mistake," in a statement that lines up with a frequent Russian criticism. Newsweek has the story.

"The bombing of Serbs, who were our allies in both world wars, was a big mistake," Trump told Serbian weekly magazine Nedeljnik. "Serbians are very good people. Unfortunately, the Clinton administration caused them a lot of harm, but also throughout the Balkans, which they made a mess out of."

The 1995 bombing followed the massacre of Bosnian Muslims at Srebenica and the Markale market massacres.

It's estimated that more than 8,000 Bosniaks (Bosnian Muslims) were rounded up by soldiers from the Republika Srpska and killed in and around the town of Srebrenica. Deemed an act of genocide, it was a war crime that came to symbolise the ugliness of the ethnic disputes that set the Balkans aflame in the 1990s.

From Newsweek:

Bill Clinton, husband and supporter of Trump's rival in the presidential race, Hillary Clinton, was president of the U.S. throughout the violent collapse of Yugoslavia, which saw ethnic Serb militias engage in ethnic cleansing against predominantly Muslim groups in the former Yugoslavia. The bombings caused hundreds of civilian casualties but also stopped the advance of Serb troops.

Trump did not specify how he would have handled the situation differently, but vowed to have "a new policy with the Balkans if [he] won" the election.

The NATO bombings are still a controversial issue in Serbia, which has been transformed since the collapse of the Communist Yugoslav Federation, into an EU candidate country.

Eric Gordy, professor in Southeast European Politics at University College London told Newsweek Trump's words echo the tactic used by the Russian government to cultivate support among Serbs.

"The most obvious interpretation of his statement is that it is another sign of alignment with Russia," he says. "To be honest, this kind of statement is usually more a symbolic attempt for Russian politicians to drum up resentment towards the U.S.," Gordy explains.

"I expect this is probably just rhetoric by Trump as U.S. policy in the Balkans has been pretty consistently supportive of Serbia since they waged the aerial campaign in the 1990s," Gordy adds. "Otherwise it is hard to imagine that the U.S. could be more pro-Serbia at the moment."
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

They just posted this.

QuoteOne year ago today, the Guardian's Ben Jacobs interviewed Trump about foreign policy.

Trump staked out the exact opposite position on the Kosovo intervention from the one that has been revealed today. Ben wrote at the time:

The US needs to focus on fixing itself rather than on "nation-building" abroad,Donald Trump told the Guardian in an exclusive interview. The Republican presidential frontrunner then gave two examples of exceptions to his philosophy: in Kosovo in the 1990s, and in the conflict against Isis today. [...]

Asked about Bill Clinton's support for intervention in Kosovo in order to prevent ethnic cleansing in the 1990s, however, Trump allowed: "It's OK, sure."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.