2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I'm sure he just wanted to assert his mal physical dominance. :)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Worst duet rendition of "You are the wind beneath my wings" ever.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: celedhring on October 10, 2016, 03:57:50 AM
Why did he spend half the debate standing creepily behind her?  :lmfao:

That's the kind of body language 101 thing that your advisors should drill into you. Go sit when your opponent is talking, you look weird if you just stand up when you're doing nothing.

Rick Lazio all over again.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Liep

Quote from: Legbiter on October 10, 2016, 04:20:47 AM
That did not go well for Clinton.

It didn't, her talking points drowned in a sea of shit. Donald naturally floats in such an environment.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on October 10, 2016, 04:52:23 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on October 10, 2016, 04:20:47 AM
That did not go well for Clinton.

It didn't, her talking points drowned in a sea of shit. Donald naturally floats in such an environment.

Bizarro Euro googles. It wasn't a stellar night for her but she gave a solid performance. She didn't knock Donald out but nor did he do anything to actually be competitive again. He just staunched the bleeding.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Bizarre Scandinavian googles maybe, all our press are giving her as slight winner in an overall pretty shitty debate.

DGuller

Quote from: celedhring on October 10, 2016, 05:04:13 AM
Bizarre Scandinavian googles maybe, all our press are giving her as slight winner in an overall pretty shitty debate.
That's exactly what it was.  It wasn't a good night for her, but wasn't terrible either.  Trump was still Trump, droning on incoherently and off-topic on most questions.

Martinus

I think at this point as long as Trump doesn't visibly implode during the debate, he can be considered to win.

Maladict

Quote from: Martinus on October 10, 2016, 06:40:51 AM
I think at this point as long as Trump doesn't visibly implode during the debate, he can be considered to win.

Win what, exactly?

mongers

Quote from: Maladict on October 10, 2016, 06:45:41 AM

Win what, exactly?

Marty's affection.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

DGuller

I think (or at least hope) that there are limits to the low expectations game, especially when everyone keeps saying what you're saying.  Low expectations work best when they're not being talked about.

Eddie Teach

Beating low expectations is kind of like beating the point spread. You may feel good about yourself but you still lost.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 10, 2016, 06:54:17 AM
Beating low expectations is kind of like beating the point spread. You may feel good about yourself but you still lost.
When no one keeps the score and spectators vote on who played better, things get fuzzier.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 10, 2016, 07:00:20 AM
Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 10, 2016, 06:54:17 AM
When no one keeps the score and spectators vote on who played better, things get fuzzier.

I think most important is what impact the debate will have. I'm not sure if it'll have much impact on voters at all, in either direction.

I do hope though that it forces Hillary to confront that she needs an actual answer to bits about duplicity and the leaked speech transcripts. Blabbering on about Lincoln, veracity of transcripts and Russia is not an adequate defense.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.