Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: alfred russel on October 09, 2016, 09:56:12 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 09, 2016, 09:53:56 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on October 09, 2016, 09:43:49 PM
We've reached Peak Roman Republic: win the election or be prosecuted.

That is a bit worrying.

The Early Roman Empire had some good times. The first couple centuries were arguably the best of ancient rome.

Donald Trump: American Caligula?

Cause he sure ain't no Augustus.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 09, 2016, 10:27:46 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on October 09, 2016, 09:56:12 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 09, 2016, 09:53:56 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on October 09, 2016, 09:43:49 PM
We've reached Peak Roman Republic: win the election or be prosecuted.

That is a bit worrying.

The Early Roman Empire had some good times. The first couple centuries were arguably the best of ancient rome.

Donald Trump: American Caligula?

Cause he sure ain't no Augustus.

More Commodus I think.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 09, 2016, 10:24:20 PM
Valmy wants to be sacked by a Celt?

Depends on what sort of Celt. A lame British or Irish Celt? Hell no.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Quote from: Valmy on October 09, 2016, 10:29:50 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on October 09, 2016, 10:24:20 PM
Valmy wants to be sacked by a Celt?

Depends on what sort of Celt. A lame British or Irish Celt? Hell no.

You don't get to choose who rapes and pillages you.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

I saw it mentioned somewhere else - when was Trump last in a locker room? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

What did Tiffany trump do that she keeps getting hidden from view?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

The weirdest moment of the debate for me had to be when Trump questioned if hacking was even going on at all.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 09, 2016, 10:47:18 PM
The weirdest moment of the debate for me had to be when Trump questioned if hacking was even going on at all.

Yea, kind of like  :huh:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: garbon on October 09, 2016, 10:32:52 PM
I saw it mentioned somewhere else - when was Trump last in a locker room? :unsure:
When he destroyed the USFL?
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Admiral Yi