2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Quote from: garbon on October 05, 2016, 08:04:31 AM
I don't really know what that means looking from 2016.

Even looking three years into the future can be difficult. Look at the first couple of pages of this thread.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

celedhring

You'll be amazed about the cred Al Gore has in that crowd, actually. One of the professors I work with has a lecture based on Gore's "The Future" book and is far and away one of the uni's most popular lectures. They eat it up.

CountDeMoney

Unfortunately, Big Al is as politically toxic as Hillary;  an entire generation has had ZOMG SEZ HE INVENTED TEH INTRAWEBZ and ZOMG HE WULDA SURRENDERED TO AL QAEDA ON 9/11 drilled into its head by the Fox/Rush/Palin/What Climate Change?-Industrial Complex.

celedhring

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 05, 2016, 02:53:49 PM
Unfortunately, Big Al is as politically toxic as Hillary;  an entire generation has had ZOMG SEZ HE INVENTED TEH INTRAWEBZ and ZOMG HE WULDA SURRENDERED TO AL QAEDA ON 9/11 drilled into its head by the Fox/Rush/Palin/What Climate Change?-Industrial Complex.

A lot of that makes him popular around Millennials, precisely  :D

I'm not saying they go around with Al Gore shirts or anything, it's just that he is seen in a much better light around that crowd that around people our generation(s).

And no, I don't think he's going to make that much of a difference, before the "Trump campaign will collapse now" crowd jumps at me.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on October 05, 2016, 03:02:41 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 05, 2016, 02:53:49 PM

A lot of that makes him popular around Millennials, precisely  :D

I'm not saying they go around with Al Gore shirts or anything, it's just that he is seen in a much better light around that crowd that around people our generation(s).

And no, I don't think he's going to make that much of a difference, before the "Trump campaign will collapse now" crowd jumps at me.

As a millennial, I don't know anyone who is all that positive about him. His PowerPoint about climate change was award winning but too bad he did it all while on a private jet and living in mega homes.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

The Atlantic endorses Clinton - only its third such endorsement in its history (other two were Lincoln in 1860 and Johnson in 1964).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Savonarola

I saw the highlights of the debate this morning.  Every time Kaine spoke I kept thinking:

Which became funny as some of the pundits who tried to put a happy face on Kaine's performance called him the attack dog Clinton needs.  Why she needs an attack Yorkie is a mystery to me.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

CountDeMoney

:lol:  the whole thing kind of reminded me of shadow boxing.

Savonarola

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 05, 2016, 08:07:16 AM
Hillary already has an ad out contrasting Pence's denails

KATHERINE:  Tim, tu as été aux États-Unis, et tu parles bien le langage.

TIM:  Un peu, madame.

KATHERINE:  Je te prie, m'enseignez. Il faut que j'apprenne à parler.
Comment appelez-vous les ongles en anglais?

TIM:  Les ongles? Nous les appelons "de nails."

;)

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

derspiess

Quote from: celedhring on October 05, 2016, 03:02:41 PM

:shifty:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?