2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

kaine thinks he's trump, and lots of things he spent lots of time thinking about saying are falling flat

LaCroix

pence whipped kaine, but the end got a little dicey

Eddie Teach

Quote from: LaCroix on October 04, 2016, 08:41:57 PM
kaine thinks he's trump,

So why does he spend so much time bashing himself?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

So I didn't watch the debate (opting instead to watch baseball/put the boys to bed), but the reviews and clips I'm seeing seem to indicate that Pence won the debate pretty handily (albeit by striking his own path a few times).

Does that sound about right to those who watched it?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Phillip V

Quote from: LaCroix on October 04, 2016, 08:37:16 PM
kaine is cringe

and phillip said so many nice things about him

I only caught the last 20 minutes due to running late to a bar after a Rosh Hashana dinner tonight.  :(

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on October 04, 2016, 10:56:23 PM
So I didn't watch the debate (opting instead to watch baseball/put the boys to bed), but the reviews and clips I'm seeing seem to indicate that Pence won the debate pretty handily (albeit by striking his own path a few times).

What I'm hearing is that Pence set himself up nicely for a 2020 run.

It'll be interesting to see how Trump reacts to: 1) reports that Pence did better than Trump did in his debate; 2) the fact that Pence declined to defend Trump throughout the debate.

Barrister

I have to say Pence has generally impressed me quite a bit since coming on board as Trump's running mate.  Although I'm firmly #NeverTrump, I don't begrudge those who in this dark moment do support his Orange Majesty.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on October 04, 2016, 10:56:23 PM

From what I hear he came across as a normal Republican who seemed under the impression that he was on the Romney ticket, especially with regards to foreign policy. He slammed Russia hard. Didn't so much as denfend the Donald, as GOP orthodoxy.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Was he ever asked to comment about some of Trump's statements or positions?

Phillip V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 05, 2016, 12:37:50 AM
Was he ever asked to comment about some of Trump's statements or positions?
Yes.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on October 04, 2016, 03:54:01 PM
It's a parody of the cringeworthy condescending anti-Trump ad with celebrities. I thought it was well done.

This is just bizarre.  Trump is a celebrity.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on October 05, 2016, 12:50:58 AM
It's a parody of the cringeworthy condescending anti-Trump ad with celebrities. I thought it was well done.

Sure but he's running as a rich guy.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 05, 2016, 12:55:17 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 05, 2016, 12:50:58 AM

Sure but he's running as a rich guy.

The guy had a TV show for like a decade.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Lovely. Kaine can't even do the one minor job he had to do? Definitely needs to be isolated when Hil wins the White House.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

During the campaign I noticed that Pence barely stuck his foot in during the several idiotic kerfuffles Trump got himself into, and now I see why. Guy certainly has the long game in mind.