2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on October 04, 2016, 08:07:45 AM
It's weird that the right has embraced this slimy son of a bitch.
The right would embrace Kim Jong Un if he hacked Clinton or DNC.  The culture war is so supreme that even alliances with virulent anti-Americans are not beyond the pale.

DGuller

Quote from: Gups on October 04, 2016, 08:32:33 AM
Quote from: Berkut on October 04, 2016, 08:28:53 AM
Trump winning would cause me to pretty much lose whatever shred of faith I have left in the idea that the US is in any way special or a example to be emulated by other societies.

Meh, that horse bolted when Trump won the nomination.
Yeah.  Trump winning would be the coup de grace, but even in the best case scenario the country will still be in critical condition for some time.

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on October 04, 2016, 05:19:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 04, 2016, 08:07:45 AM
It's weird that the right has embraced this slimy son of a bitch.
The right would embrace Kim Jong Un if he hacked Clinton or DNC.  The culture war is so supreme that even alliances with virulent anti-Americans are not beyond the pale.

Indeed. See the lefts embrace of Islamists and Hamas and the like for another example of this...

Or their ongoing love affair with the Chomsky's of the world.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jacob

If you were worried the VP debates will be boring, fear not. Trump will bring the full value of his branding to bear:

celedhring

Funnily, given the age of both presidential nominees, this could be the most relevant VP debate in quite a while.

Savonarola

Quote from: Jacob on October 04, 2016, 06:09:25 PM
If you were worried the VP debates will be boring, fear not. Trump will bring the full value of his branding to bear:

I have long thought this would be a better system:

Biden would have totally kicked ass at that.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

I don't know, seems "Yo Mama" jokes might be in Sarah Palin's wheelhouse.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

Quote from: Jacob on October 04, 2016, 06:09:25 PM

His camp needs to tell him to STFU. But they won't, much to our entertainment.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Jacob

Whoa, the results for the VP debate are already in and it hasn't even started! Those are some powerful predictive abilities right there :o

... though I guess they don't want to show their power too much, so they pulled the update down. I suppose they don't want to mess with causality too bad.

EDIT: the internet archive still has it here: http://web.archive.org/web/20161004230652/https://gop.com/who-won-the-vice-presidential-debate/

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: garbon on October 04, 2016, 04:31:09 PM
Really vM, you support this dude?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBDJp5cRMQ8

Honestly, if it weren't for Weld I would have completely fallen of that wagon.  As it is, I have almost completely fallen off that wagon.

DGuller

Quote from: Jacob on October 04, 2016, 06:58:41 PM
Whoa, the results for the VP debate are already in and it hasn't even started! Those are some powerful predictive abilities right there :o

... though I guess they don't want to show their power too much, so they pulled the update down. I suppose they don't want to mess with causality too bad.

EDIT: the internet archive still has it here: http://web.archive.org/web/20161004230652/https://gop.com/who-won-the-vice-presidential-debate/
I'm not going to take RNC at their word.  How did the more objective sources call it?

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

LaCroix

kaine is cringe

and phillip said so many nice things about him

lustindarkness

Good thing the GOP already told me who won, because I can't watch this, I prefer to watch some bullshit on YouTube.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point