News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Polls!

Tim is an idiot: 45%. Tim is a doofus: 34%. Tim is a bot: 21%.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on September 05, 2016, 01:06:37 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2016, 05:18:49 PM
Polls!

Pennsylvania: Clinton 45% Trump 37% Johnson 6% Stein 2% CBS News/YouGov

North Carolina: Clinton 46% Trump 42% Johnson 4% Stein 2% CBS News/YouGov

At least post a source, you doofus.

It says the source right at the end. CBS News/YouGov

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/president/
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 05, 2016, 01:09:19 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 05, 2016, 01:06:37 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 04, 2016, 05:18:49 PM
Polls!

Pennsylvania: Clinton 45% Trump 37% Johnson 6% Stein 2% CBS News/YouGov

North Carolina: Clinton 46% Trump 42% Johnson 4% Stein 2% CBS News/YouGov

At least post a source, you doofus.

It says the source right at the end. CBS News/YouGov

This would be a great opportunity to call Marty a dumbass.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

I meant a link. It doesn't say when the poll is from, what methodology was used etc.

garbon

Highlighting the first bit of the poll and right clicking to have google search it in chrome, took so long. I now have grandbabies and the 2046 election is starting. :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Legbiter

Clinton's being unusually good at playing to her strengths.  :hmm:

QuoteAt a private fund-raiser Tuesday night at a waterfront Hamptons estate, Hillary Clinton danced alongside Jimmy Buffett, Jon Bon Jovi and Paul McCartney, and joined in a singalong finale to "Hey Jude."

"I stand between you and the apocalypse," a confident Mrs. Clinton declared to laughs, exhibiting a flash of self-awareness and humor to a crowd that included Calvin Klein and Harvey Weinstein and for whom the prospect of a Donald J. Trump presidency is dire.

Mr. Trump has pointed to Mrs. Clinton's noticeably scant schedule of campaign events this summer to suggest she has been hiding from the public. But Mrs. Clinton has been more than accessible to those who reside in some of the country's most moneyed enclaves and are willing to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to see her. In the last two weeks of August, Mrs. Clinton raked in roughly $50 million at 22 fund-raising events, averaging around $150,000 an hour, according to a New York Times tally.

....For a donation of $2,700, the children (under 16) of donors at an event last month at the Sag Harbor, N.Y., estate of the hedge fund magnate Adam Sender could ask Mrs. Clinton a question. A family photo with Mrs. Clinton cost $10,000, according to attendees.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/04/us/politics/hillary-clinton-fundraising.html?_r=0

Bolded part made me cringe hard though.  :lol:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

CountDeMoney

The Washington Post continues to piss in the wind...

QuoteThe Post's View
Donald Trump's bet: We are all chumps
By Editorial Board September 4 at 7:43 PM

AS THE presidential campaign enters its final stretch, this seems like a good time to ask: Will American voters allow themselves to be insulted, taken for granted and made fools of?

Donald Trump seems to be betting that the answer is yes. How else to judge his assumption that he can be elected without sharing basic information? He has released no meaningful health records. He has put forward virtually no serious policy proposals. Unlike every other major-party nominee of the modern era, he refuses to release his tax forms.

All of these would be essential reading material from any candidate, but the need for disclosure is especially urgent from Mr. Trump. He would be the oldest president ever elected, so his medical history is relevant. Unlike Hillary Clinton and, again, every other modern major-party candidate, he has no record of service in politics or public office by which he can be judged, so his policy intentions take on added significance. He has been on so many sides of so many issues that even serious position papers at this point would have limited credibility. But they would be better than nothing.

Because his claim to the presidency is founded on his claimed success as a businessman, his tax and financial records are particularly salient. Has he really made as much money as he boasts? Has he paid taxes? Has he sheltered money in the Cayman Islands, done deals with Russian oligarchs? Who knows? Not the voters — and, as far as Mr. Trump is concerned, there is no need for us to bother our little heads with such matters. As his son Eric said, "You would have a bunch of people who know nothing about taxes" — he means us dumb voters, in case you miss the reference — "trying to look through and trying to come up with assumptions they know nothing about."

Ms. Clinton is not always a paragon of candor. But she has released far more information about her health; far, far more information on her policy goals; and decades of tax returns.

And here's one more reason those tax returns matter so much: A taxpayer must attest to the truthfulness of his or her returns, whereas we know that Mr. Trump in many other arenas tells falsehoods. In a book, he boasts of his habit of "truthful hyperbole." On the campaign trail, he repeatedly lies — Muslims celebrated in New Jersey after 9/11, Mr. Trump did not mock a reporter's disability — and when confronted with contrary video or documentary evidence simply repeats his fiction. Post reporter David A. Fahrenthold has painstakingly exposed Mr. Trump's falsehoods when it comes to charitable giving.

What else is he lying about? We don't know, you don't know, and Mr. Trump seems to believe we can all live with that. Can we? It's a question Americans will have to answer on Election Day.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 05, 2016, 09:55:57 AM

The Washington Post continues to piss in the wind...

QuoteThe Post's View
Donald Trump's bet: We are all chumps
By Editorial Board September 4 at 7:43 PM

AS THE presidential campaign enters its final stretch, this seems like a good time to ask: Will American voters allow themselves to be insulted, taken for granted and made fools of?

Donald Trump seems to be betting that the answer is yes. How else to judge his assumption that he can be elected without sharing basic information? He has released no meaningful health records. He has put forward virtually no serious policy proposals. Unlike every other major-party nominee of the modern era, he refuses to release his tax forms.

All of these would be essential reading material from any candidate, but the need for disclosure is especially urgent from Mr. Trump. He would be the oldest president ever elected, so his medical history is relevant. Unlike Hillary Clinton and, again, every other modern major-party candidate, he has no record of service in politics or public office by which he can be judged, so his policy intentions take on added significance. He has been on so many sides of so many issues that even serious position papers at this point would have limited credibility. But they would be better than nothing.

Because his claim to the presidency is founded on his claimed success as a businessman, his tax and financial records are particularly salient. Has he really made as much money as he boasts? Has he paid taxes? Has he sheltered money in the Cayman Islands, done deals with Russian oligarchs? Who knows? Not the voters — and, as far as Mr. Trump is concerned, there is no need for us to bother our little heads with such matters. As his son Eric said, "You would have a bunch of people who know nothing about taxes" — he means us dumb voters, in case you miss the reference — "trying to look through and trying to come up with assumptions they know nothing about."

Ms. Clinton is not always a paragon of candor. But she has released far more information about her health; far, far more information on her policy goals; and decades of tax returns.

And here's one more reason those tax returns matter so much: A taxpayer must attest to the truthfulness of his or her returns, whereas we know that Mr. Trump in many other arenas tells falsehoods. In a book, he boasts of his habit of "truthful hyperbole." On the campaign trail, he repeatedly lies — Muslims celebrated in New Jersey after 9/11, Mr. Trump did not mock a reporter's disability — and when confronted with contrary video or documentary evidence simply repeats his fiction. Post reporter David A. Fahrenthold has painstakingly exposed Mr. Trump's falsehoods when it comes to charitable giving.

What else is he lying about? We don't know, you don't know, and Mr. Trump seems to believe we can all live with that. Can we? It's a question Americans will have to answer on Election Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6qQSll7InQ
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

celedhring

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on September 05, 2016, 04:17:53 PM
In case there are still people haven't see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IrE6FMpai8

Our next president and attorney general (well we may have to wait a few months until christie strokes out on us). Cabinet meetings are going to get weird.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

Martinus