Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on September 02, 2016, 09:29:44 AM

No tacos are authentically Mexican.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taco

QuoteThe taco predates the arrival of Europeans in Mexico. There is anthropological evidence that the indigenous people living in the lake region of the Valley of Mexico traditionally ate tacos filled with small fish.

Honestly, a taco filled with tiny wriggling fish wouldn't be very appetizing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Beef meximelts.  Or whatever that is en espaƱol.  Toros con carne, maybe.

Ed Anger

Well, I'm hungry now. The pop tart I ate for breakfast isn't holding me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 02, 2016, 09:37:35 AM
Well, I'm hungry now. The pop tart I ate for breakfast isn't holding me.

The sugar and starch didn't kill your appetite for long?  Shock!  Eat a damned protein bar instead.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

But I am going to go out on a limb here and bet that the way the soft tacos are made on those taco trucks is not completely 100% authentic. Because everything done on the border regions is fake and inferior to Mexico City snobbery bullshit. Hey isn't that kind of thinking why most of the border rebelled in the 1830s in the first place?

derspiess

We have a definite shortage of taco trucks.  I can only think of one, actually. It's called "Texas Joe - The Legal Mexican" and their brisket taco is friggin' outstanding.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 02, 2016, 10:29:54 AM
We have a definite shortage of taco trucks.  I can only think of one, actually. It's called "Texas Joe - The Legal Mexican" and their brisket taco is friggin' outstanding.

Ok you made that name up.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2016, 10:33:54 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 02, 2016, 10:29:54 AM

Ok you made that name up.

http://www.texasjoethelegalmexican.com/

QuoteGet To Know Texas Joe... We'd Love to Taco You!
The best tacos this side of the boarder. Probably both sides. Serving KY, OH and IN

:bleeding: :lol:

Valmy

Wow that is amazing. He is certainly an 'authentic' Tejano dude. Trolling midwest stereotypes I guess.

They don't have a menu but the one pic looked pretty good.

garbon

Are 'legal' Mexicans force to reside in crappy states?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on September 02, 2016, 10:52:52 AM
Are 'legal' Mexicans force to reside in crappy states?

Well he is from Houston so he probably is not aware non-crappy places exist.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on September 02, 2016, 10:50:33 AM
Wow that is amazing. He is certainly an 'authentic' Tejano dude. Trolling midwest stereotypes I guess.

He's made a lot of money off us, and deservedly so.  Food trucks tend to be intertwined with the beer scene, so I've had a chance to hang out with him a few times.  Funny dude.

QuoteThey don't have a menu but the one pic looked pretty good.

Apart from the brisket taco, I think they rotate the menu.  Haven't had anything that disappointed.