News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-08-26/hillary-thinks-mr-brexit-just-another-right-wing-xenophobic-sexist-bigot-you-should-

It seems that a speech made by Nigel Farage (or "Mr. Brexit" as the Trump campaign has named him) at a Trump rally a couple of days ago in Jackson, Mississippi may have struck a nerve with the Clinton camp.

Well, Clinton was not amused by Mr. Brexit.  As pointed out by Breitbart, Clinton took the opportunity at an event yesterday to seemingly suggest that Farage is just another "right-wing", xenophobic, sexist, bigot that you should all promptly ignore.  Frankly, we're in awe of how succinctly Clinton is able to identify all of Farage's multiple character flaws...it really is masterful speech writing.   

"Just yesterday, one of Britain's most prominent right-wing leaders, a man named Nigel Farage, who stoked anti-immigrant sentiments to win the referendum to have Britain leave the European Union, campaigned with Donald Trump in Mississippi."

"Farage has called for a ban on the children of legal immigrants from public schools and health services, has said women are quote "worth less" than men, and supports scrapping laws that prevent employers from discriminating based on race — that's who Trump wants by his side."

Lest we forget, Hillary pointed that, because his opinions differ from her own, Farage is necessarily just another one of Putin's "useful idiots":

"The godfather of this global brand of extreme nationalism is Russian President Vladimir Putin."

For his part, Farage suggested that Hillary spend a little more time "speaking to normal, working people in her country" rather than attacking him with "dodgy half-quotes."

"I think Hillary Clinton is running scared. Her attacks on me are completely baseless. She sounds rather like Bob Geldof and can't accept Brexit."

"Perhaps Mrs. Clinton should spend more time speaking to normal, working people in her country than trying to attack me using dodgy half-quotes".

Per Breitbart, Farage suggests that he did not say that children of legal immigrants be banned from public schools, but rather suggested that people who have not paid in to the UK tax system not be the beneficiaries of public money until they have paid in.  Farage also noted that he has previously pointed out that women who take maternity leave are perceived by employers to be "worth less" than men, though never opined on whether or not that was fair or just.  Farage also supported scrapping EU discrimination law, noting that the British parliament could easily enact these laws, if necessary, themselves.

For those not keeping count, we have just over 73 days of this lunacy left to endure.  And, with the fight now going international, we're pretty sure it will get worse before it gets better.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on August 26, 2016, 04:19:11 PM
It is probably more or less an act. The Clintons and Trump were on good terms before the election.

On the other hand, each stands in the other's way of achieving ultimate power, which I think each may see as the ultimate evil.

If you were on good terms with someone, and they called you Crooked Dorsey, the worst accountant in the history of the United States repeatedly in public, you might not be on such good terms any more.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 26, 2016, 02:14:57 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 26, 2016, 02:11:48 PM
What are the two of you doing watching New York senatorial debates? :huh:

Real question is, why werent you?

:lol:  I forgot about that one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

I gotta say that as much as I dislike Farage, Clinton's attacks on him were indeed largely lies.

Hamilcar

jimmy olsen

Quote"Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the election, for that is where you and I are going to cast the rest of our votes. And remember my friend, future elections such as this will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown, the mysterious, the unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now, for the first time, we are bringing to you the full story of what happened on that fateful election day. We are bringing you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimony of the miserable souls who survived this terrifying ordeal. The incidents, the places. My friend, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the Trump. Let us reward the Clinton. My friend, can your heart stand the shocking facts about campaign robbers from alt-right space?"
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Only 15 million on hand is pathetically low.

Quote from: Shocking Numbers Reveal GOP's Big Secret: Trump Is Bankrupting The Republican Party
By Jason Easley on Sat, Aug 27th, 2016 at 3:09 pm

An analysis of RNC fundraising data has revealed that beyond losing, Donald Trump's drain of a campaign is literally bankrupting the Republican Party.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Add to Google+ Connect on Linked in Share on Pinterest Subscribe by Email Print This Post

An analysis of RNC fundraising data has revealed that beyond losing, Donald Trump's drain of a campaign is literally bankrupting the Republican Party.

According to Open Secrets, RNC contributions are at their lowest point since before 2004:

Virtually every category of receipts shows a decline this year. Contributions from individuals where the amount given is less than $200 (the "unitemized" category) is less than half what it was in July of 2004, 2008 and 2012. There is a similar decline in direct contributions of larger amounts where specific information about the donor is included in the report. These itemized contributions total much less than July 2004 and 2008 and are even smaller than July 2012 when joint fundraising became much more important.

These joint fundraising efforts where the presidential campaign works together with the national party and state parties around the country are increasingly important, and the RNC total from those efforts also lags in July compared with 2012 and 2008. The Trump campaign has talked about huge joint fundraising successes, but neither the campaign nor the RNC has received all that much from this process so far comparatively.

People often look at cash balances and the end of the month to get a feel for how a committee is positioned for future spending. Here too, the RNC on July 31 was strikingly short of its own status on the same date in past campaigns. At a time when $70 to $90 million is the norm, the RNC finds itself with only $34.5 million in the bank.

The Trump campaign bragged about their uptick in fundraising, but a deeper look inside the numbers shows that the RNC only has $15 million in usable cash. That is $15 million for every race, data operation, voter registration, and get out the vote effort in the country. Donald Trump's refusal to build a campaign operation in all 50 states has resulted in the RNC having to spend their resources. Trump doesn't have a data operation, so the RNC is using party resources for that too.

Donald Trump is bleeding the Republican Party dry. It is no surprise that a man who has built his career on bankruptcy and debt is mooching off of the Republican Party. What is shocking is how quickly Trump has pushed the RNC towards insolvency.

The money that the RNC isn't raising because of Trump matters because that means that there will be less money to go around for other candidates. Republicans could lose close House and Senate elections because RNC Chair Reince Priebus threw precious party resources down the Trump sink hole.

Don't believe the Trump created hype. Trump may play a billionaire on reality television, but as a presidential nominee, he is a deadbeat eating all of the RNC's food while crashing on their couch.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 27, 2016, 08:33:08 PM

Quote"Greetings, my friend. We are all interested in the election, for that is where you and I are going to cast the rest of our votes. And remember my friend, future elections such as this will affect you in the future. You are interested in the unknown, the mysterious, the unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now, for the first time, we are bringing to you the full story of what happened on that fateful election day. We are bringing you all the evidence, based only on the secret testimony of the miserable souls who survived this terrifying ordeal. The incidents, the places. My friend, we cannot keep this a secret any longer. Let us punish the Trump. Let us reward the Clinton. My friend, can your heart stand the shocking facts about campaign robbers from alt-right space?"

This was made by someone pro-Trump, right?

Admiral Yi

Any bets on how long Donald's current "campaign CEO" lasts?

Hamilcar

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 28, 2016, 09:47:41 AM
Any bets on how long Donald's current "campaign CEO" lasts?

Daniel Lin has an interesting perspective on who might be next:
QuoteTrump campaign chairs
-Lewandowski
-Manafort
-Bannon
-Middle finger emoji
-Throne of skulls
-The Babadook
-Dumpster fire animated gif
-4chan

Ancient Demon

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 26, 2016, 08:56:01 AM
That racist Breitbart guy was supposed to launch him into a new wave of Trumpism.

You mean Steve Bannon? What did he do that was racist?
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Martinus

Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 28, 2016, 12:27:22 PM
That racist Breitbart guy was supposed to launch him into a new wave of Trumpism.

I suppose he did not buy wholesale into the racial supremacist BLM movement.

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: Ancient Demon on August 28, 2016, 12:27:22 PM

He's the grandson of Race Bannon, you do the math.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017