News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on August 26, 2016, 12:34:07 PM
Ah come on - a Trump - Clinton debate has got to be seen to be believed.

It could be interesting.  I don't care so much what they say about policy, but I'm looking forward to how the interpersonal tension plays out.

Razgovory

I'm happy that Clinton is taking notes from LBJ's book.  The Klansmen was good (Johnson did the same thing), now we just need the mushroom cloud. :)
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Hamilcar

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 26, 2016, 12:37:56 PM

It could be interesting.  I don't care so much what they say about policy, but I'm looking forward to how the interpersonal tension plays out.

How can she slap?!

CountDeMoney

If Rick Lazio's attempt at physical intimidation of Clinton during their NY Senate debate scared the living shit out of women voters watching TV at the time and permanently cemented the race for her, then just imagine what the Donald is capable of.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 26, 2016, 01:01:41 PM
If Rick Lazio's attempt at physical intimidation of Clinton during their NY Senate debate scared the living shit out of women voters watching TV at the time and permanently cemented the race for her, then just imagine what the Donald is capable of.

Let's hope it isn't something that requires bandages. Or, god help us, lubricant.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 26, 2016, 01:22:12 PM
If Rick Lazio's attempt at physical intimidation

:bleeding:

Yes, by all means, let's cross the stage unannounced and stand over a 5' woman and badger her to sign a pledge right then and there.  What could happen? 
ITLL BE A BIG HIT WITH THE BASE

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Malthus on August 26, 2016, 01:26:57 PM

Let's hope it isn't something that requires bandages. Or, god help us, lubricant.  :P

I'm putting the safe money on the pool table scene in The Accused by the time Gwen Ifil gets to her follow-up.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 26, 2016, 01:44:04 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 26, 2016, 01:22:12 PM
If Rick Lazio's attempt at physical intimidation

:bleeding:

Yes, by all means, let's cross the stage unannounced and stand over a 5' woman and badger her to sign a pledge right then and there.  What could happen? 
ITLL BE A BIG HIT WITH THE BASE

Did he rough her up or something when I wasn't looking?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

What are the two of you doing watching New York senatorial debates? :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on August 26, 2016, 02:02:07 PM
Did he rough her up or something when I wasn't looking?

It was off-putting to a sizeable portion of the viewing public, and his poll numbers sank immediately afterwards, to the tune of 10 points with women voters.

But keep ignoring what women think as usual. Been working great so far for the GOP :yeah: #SuperSchaflySnuka

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 26, 2016, 02:11:48 PM
What are the two of you doing watching New York senatorial debates? :huh:

Real question is, why werent you?

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 26, 2016, 02:21:32 PM
Probably playing civ.

In 2000? Damn. Most of us had at least moved on to SMAC by that point.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 26, 2016, 12:37:56 PM

It is probably more or less an act. The Clintons and Trump were on good terms before the election.

On the other hand, each stands in the other's way of achieving ultimate power, which I think each may see as the ultimate evil.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014