News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 03, 2016, 08:23:59 AM
Trump is a 70 year old man that somehow slept through the entire Cold War.

Jesus wept.

Click to watch the video
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/03/trump-asks-why-us-cant-use-nukes-msnbcs-joe-scarborough-reports.html

QuoteTrump asked a foreign policy expert advising him why the U.S. can't use nuclear weapons, MSNBC's Joe Scarborough said on the air Wednesday, citing an unnamed source who claimed he had spoken with the GOP presidential nominee.

"Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on the international level went to advise Donald Trump. And three times [Trump] asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked at one point if we had them why can't we use them," Scarborough said on his "Morning Joe" program.

Scarborough made the Trump comments 52 seconds into an interview with former Director of Central Intelligence and ex-National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden

He's also gone on about how he has a solution to ISIS that is easy and fast and will ensure no one will ever mess with the US again. He won't detail it, of course, preferring to keep the element of surprise.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Jacob on August 03, 2016, 11:58:56 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 03, 2016, 08:23:59 AM
Trump is a 70 year old man that somehow slept through the entire Cold War.

Jesus wept.

Click to watch the video
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/03/trump-asks-why-us-cant-use-nukes-msnbcs-joe-scarborough-reports.html

QuoteTrump asked a foreign policy expert advising him why the U.S. can't use nuclear weapons, MSNBC's Joe Scarborough said on the air Wednesday, citing an unnamed source who claimed he had spoken with the GOP presidential nominee.

"Several months ago, a foreign policy expert on the international level went to advise Donald Trump. And three times [Trump] asked about the use of nuclear weapons. Three times he asked at one point if we had them why can't we use them," Scarborough said on his "Morning Joe" program.

Scarborough made the Trump comments 52 seconds into an interview with former Director of Central Intelligence and ex-National Security Agency Director Michael Hayden

He's also gone on about how he has a solution to ISIS that is easy and fast and will ensure no one will ever mess with the US again. He won't detail it, of course, preferring to keep the element of surprise.

It would be a good solution, the best solution, the very best solution.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Liep

Quote from: Monoriu on August 03, 2016, 11:40:04 AM
Quote from: Liep on August 03, 2016, 11:09:44 AM

How? He eats fried chicken with a fork and knife. That's the opposite of likeable.

Why?  I eat fried chicken, pizzas, hot dogs etc with fork and knife all the time.  I hate to get my hands dirty. 

Exactly.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 03, 2016, 12:27:30 PM
He eats like a Chinese bureaucrat. :hmm:

OMG!  Could he be: the manchurian candidate?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Berkut

QuoteHe said he's "always wanted" to receive a Purple Heart but that having one gifted to him by a supporter was "much easier"

It's funny the things that resonate with people.

This is seen as a minor gaffe, one of many stupid things Trump has said, even just in one day.

For me, it is about as bad as anything he has ever said.

How fucking clueless do you have to be about the military, their culture, sacrifice, and what that all actually really means to say something as fucking astoundingly stupid and insensitive as "I've always wanted a Purple Heart"?

Do average people even realize how incredibly fucking horrible that statement is on its face, not to mention how it sounds to the men and women who have one and would certainly much, much rather they did not? Is there *anyone* with a Purple Heart (including those who are holding it for those who did not survive the experience that granted it) who thinks how fortunate they are to have such a valuable trinket?

What a fucking nightmare of a human being. I don't even think Hitler would say anything that fucking moronic. He has transcended Godwin's law.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Zanza

I don't think you should compare Trump and Hitler. Trump is ignorant, has no class and seems to mainly be bumbling along. Gaffes like this support that. Hitler on the other hand was an evil genius and especially later every public performance was carefully planned to contribute to the personality cult. He wasn't just saying whatever came to his mind in the moment.

That said, Hitler was actually wounded multiple times in the trenches of WW1 and earned the Iron Cross First Class, so I guess he had a better idea what he kind of sacrifices active duty soldiers suffer.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 02, 2016, 09:33:03 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 02, 2016, 09:00:31 PM
What's wrong with that?  Isn't it a battleground state?

Wasn't considered a battleground the last two elections, and it's only got a handful of electoral votes.

The six million in New Hampshire doesn't make a bunch of sense either.

It makes sense when seen as a package: Iowa, NH, NV, Colorado put together = 25.  Almost as much as Florida.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

I would very much like all these comments to start to move the survey results.

Legbiter

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 03, 2016, 01:05:37 PM
I would very much like all these comments to start to move the survey results.

If only the pundits and media types were actually highly respected. Seems they are not.  :hmm:

Polls should stabilize after a couple of debates or so, after which Clinton will poll quite a bit ahead.

And then Trump wins.  ^_^
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Liep

There's a lot of talk about Trump withdrawing lately, in the off chance that he does, who gets to elect a new candidate? And can those who do ever agree on one?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DGuller

Is there a mechanism to recall a presidential candidate after the convention?  Let's say, hypothetically speaking, that Trump is discovered to be clinically nuts, can he be bumped off the ticket?

Legbiter

Quote from: Liep on August 03, 2016, 02:17:49 PM
There's a lot of talk about Trump withdrawing lately, in the off chance that he does, who gets to elect a new candidate? And can those who do ever agree on one?

Fond hope/hallucination at this point.  :hmm:

The man lives for the fight. He actually seems to enjoy this, up bright & early to shitpost on Twitter, off to a rally or two in his private jet to A/B test and hone his rhetoric on the crowd, back to light shitposting before retiring to Trump Tower to rest.  ^_^

This is him living the dream.  :showoff:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Liep

Quote from: Legbiter on August 03, 2016, 02:25:32 PM
Fond hope/hallucination at this point.  :hmm:

Yes, I read a few GOP people post desperate pleas on Twitter. This one for example: https://twitter.com/MattMackowiak