News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

Quote from: Monoriu on July 27, 2016, 10:10:08 PM
Seriously, Trump getting elected as president is the greatest security risk facing the US.

That may be true, but he's not as bad as Hillary.

Valmy

Seriously, Trump getting elected as president is the greatest security risk facing the US. 

Pretty much.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

By the way are we actually going to have debates in this campaign? After one candidate called on the other to be spied on by the Russians it just seems so...unlikely to be civil. But maybe that is what twitter wants to see.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2016, 10:34:43 PM
By the way are we actually going to have debates in this campaign? After one candidate called on the other to be spied on by the Russians it just seems so...unlikely to be civil. But maybe that is what twitter wants to see.

If Hillary refuses to participate on principle she'll immediately be branded a wussy.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 27, 2016, 10:39:23 PM

If Hillary refuses to participate on principle she'll immediately be branded a wussy.

I wasn't suggesting she would or should. Just wondering if we were actually moving forward with the farce.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 27, 2016, 10:39:23 PM

In a fact based debate that gets in depth of issues, she stands a good chance of destroying the donald. Donald never had to debate anyone one on one in the primaries.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Even Bernie Sanders isn't as naive about Russia as Trump, and spent the cold war being a Goddamn Red.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

God, I hope so. The sheer volcanic amount of insanity that would spew from Mount Trump would be amazing.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2016, 10:29:19 PM

Pretty much.

You guys can't take a joke.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on July 28, 2016, 09:06:45 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2016, 10:29:19 PM

Pretty much.

I don't consider the Presidency to be a joke. :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on July 28, 2016, 09:06:45 AM

That pretty much summarizes the entire Trump campaign.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

LA Times poll: Hillary Clinton 40.1%  Donald Trump 47.4%

Caliga

I don't understand these polls.  I don't know one person who would consider voting for Trump and isn't in fact horrified by the prospect of a President Trump... and I live in Kentucky.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grinning_Colossus

Seriously? Do you live in Cambridge, Kentucky or something?
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?