2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

I despise medium but this made me laugh (I'm so vulgar :blush:).

https://medium.com/@shitHRCcantsay/let-me-remind-you-fuckers-who-i-am-e6e8b297fe47#.3tz67nbuq

QuoteLet Me Remind You Fuckers Who I Am

by Hillary Clinton

What the fuck is your problem, America??

I'm Hillary goddamn Clinton. I'm a political prodigy, have been since I was 16. I have an insane network of powerful friends. I'm willing to spend the next eight years catching shit on all sides, all so I can fix this fucking country for you. And all you little bitches need to do is get off your asses one goddamn day in November.

"Oh but what about your eeeemaaaaillls???" Shut the fuck up. Seriously, shut the fuck up and listen for one fucking second.

Here's all you need to know about me:
1. In 1992, I said I was proud to have followed my career instead of baking cookies.
2. The GOP fucking dragged me for it. They made me bake cookies. They're scared of me.
3. Every time I have a job, y'all love me. Every time I run for anything, the GOP breaks out the big guns again and fucks me up good. And apparently it fucking works.

But you know what? I don't fucking care. If I gave two shits about the haters I would've dropped the game decades ago.

You know why I keep fighting? Because we all want the same shit. We want economic and racial justice, we want to seriously attack climate change, we want everyone to be able to afford college and health care and housing and food, we want women to be treated like humans, yada yada yada.

And I'm the only person in this goddamn country who knows how to do it.

Because of course I do. Because I've been preparing my whole fucking life for this job. So stop making me dab on Ellen and just give me a fucking chance already.

If it seems like I have contempt for the American voter, it's because I do. Frankly, most of you are fucking stupid. Most of you have no goddamn idea what it takes to run a country. I mean god damn, almost half of you think God created the Earth 10,000 years ago!

What the actual fuck????

Look, this is the big leagues. If you think any problem has a tweetable solution, you're just wrong. If you think "border wall" or "muslims = bad" is gonna solve our problems, I don't have time for your shit.

This is literally why we have a representative government. I know you don't want to read long, boring things. So I do it for you, and I ask a bunch of smart people, and we come up with shit that works. Here's my solution on energy. Here's my solution on Wall Street. Here's my solution on jobs. I have fucking binders full of this shit and you know it. I'm so fucking ready, America.

The GOP just spent their entire convention fantasizing about literally imprisoning me. They are terrified. They know what I can do.

I've spent my life clawing my way into a system that's terrified of change. A system that just wants to let rich white dudes be rich white dudes. And holy shit, you guys, I could not have picked a better opponent for my final boss battle.

So lemme sign off with the same poem I quoted back in 1969 (when I gave the commencement speech at my own fucking graduation, btw).

QuoteMy entrance into the world of so-called "social problems"
Must be with quiet laughter, or not at all.
The hollow men of anger and bitterness
The bountiful ladies of righteous degradation
All must be left to a bygone age.
And the purpose of history is to provide a receptacle
For all those myths and oddments
Which oddly we have acquired
And from which we would become unburdened
To create a newer world
To translate the future into the past.

We have no need of false revolutions
In a world where categories tend to tyrannize our minds
And hang our wills up on narrow pegs.
It is well at every given moment to seek the limits in our lives.
And once those limits are understood
To understand that limitations no longer exist.
Earth could be fair. And you and I must be free
Not to save the world in a glorious crusade
Not to kill ourselves with a nameless gnawing pain
But to practice with all the skill of our being
The art of making possible.

(Flip flop my ass.)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2016, 11:24:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2016, 11:17:09 PM
My speculation is that the US will retaliate at a time and place of our choosing, if it hasn't already happened.

By doing what?

Sucking up to Putin in the green room and then selling out half of Europe for a sweet gas "deal."

Oh wait that's the other guy.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

sbr

Can someone post the funny list of reasons people hate hillary again? My Google-fu is not finding it

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2016, 03:06:07 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 25, 2016, 02:51:06 PM
Because I asked you? Because it would be nice to have a real conversation about something that fucking matters in this campaign instead of the usual bullshit?

Why wouldn't it change my mind? I don't understand this accusation. I have changed my mind many times in my life and many times because of arguments made on this board.

Okay if you promise to stop asking me, here's why I oppose Hillary Clinton (not an exhaustive list): She's dishonest and irresponsible.  She's a rather extreme feminist (the type I call 'feminazi').  Though her husband may have been somewhat moderate for a Democrat during his administration, she is a bit further to the left (as a side-note I think Bill has tacked a bit to the left since he left office). She's never accomplished anything on her own.  I wasn't very impressed with her job as Secretary of State and I don't think she'll handle foreign policy crises too well as president (plus she has a neocon streak and that's the last thing we need).  The Clinton Machine is one of the most dishonest, corrupt political machines we've seen in many decades.  Finally, I'm pretty much done with political dynasties. 

Obviously, some of the above might also apply when criticizing Trump.  And I don't like Trump.  I voted Kasich in the primary and plan to vote Gary Johnson in the general.  I just happen to think that Hillary is worse than Trump.

I got it you don't like her personally. I don't think she is especially corrupt, and even if she is it is at least to most American interests. I don't think she is a radical anything much less a feminist. But hey our standards are slightly different.

You are willing to risk everything your party has built over many decades just to spite on politician you dislike to the point you are willing to jump in bed with radical nutcases on both sides, to the point of sucking off the extreme radical left. You have to admit the fact they don't like her for being too pro business and not into lining up every CEO in America and shooting them makes your point about her being far left rather weak sauce.

You have failed to give me anything of substance in any case, to back up your point. Just weaksauce vague accusations delivered in over-the-top hyperbolic fashion. Meh.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 26, 2016, 11:14:05 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2016, 11:24:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2016, 11:17:09 PM
My speculation is that the US will retaliate at a time and place of our choosing, if it hasn't already happened.

By doing what?

Sucking up to Putin in the green room and then selling out half of Europe for a sweet gas "deal."

Oh wait that's the other guy.

Spicey is fine with ruining our economy and foreign policy so long as it is done by non-Hillary people. Personal vendettas first, America second.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

Well, there's at least one good thing about all this. If Trump is actually elected, provided he does not somehow establish a dictatorship and/or destroy the world, there is never going to be a Republican president ever again after him. :P

OttoVonBismarck

What's unfortunate about derspiess is I always felt Languish conservatives were more like me, the establishment wing guys who support free trade, have pro-business leanings, and advocate for candidates like Jeb/Romney or H.W. Bush back in the day. Instead it appears we have at least one Rush Limbaugh fooled imbecile here, which is a true travesty.

I don't really like Hillary because she's not in line with me on a lot of issues. I'm very disappointed she's abandoning TPP, I think minimum wage is kind of a dumb issue, but she's also pretty unobjectionable as most Dems go. She's not a far left firebrand, if anything I think she's running a few ticks further to the left than she'll govern (similarly to 2008 Obama.) I largely view her as a third Obama term, and while  I can type thousands of words in which I disagreed with Obama on things, I'll take a third Obama term over a first Trump one any day.

For me, competence in the office, when the alternative is extreme incompetence, will always outweigh even political ideology. The President's primary job is to govern, they are more than just a "flesh bag of ideals." That's one reason I said Bernie was so unsuited for office--he had not, and has not, ever indicated much of the pragmatism and competence to office required for the job.

Is Hillary dishonest? Sure, she lies. She is duplicitous quite a bit, in fact. But I compare her to Romney or W. Bush, two Republicans I supported, and I find her "not significantly more duplicitous than them" in their political behaviors. In fact both of those guys lied about a lot of stuff. I tend to take a 'real world' view of politicians, and expect most will be dishonest when honesty is politically damaging and lying is a viable option.

But this canard that Hillary is somehow the second coming of the Grant Administration, Warren G. Harding, or Huey Long is just absurd. The right has largely manufactured this image that she's one of the most corrupt people in American political history based entirely on false assertions or by taking "normal political activity" and making it out to be something very different. There is essentially no rational, evidence based argument that Hillary is any more dishonest or more corrupt than "any normal politician." It's only that the far right has given far more legitimacy to the most irrational claims against her that she appears to be so.

garbon

QuoteAdd one more lawsuit to the long list of legal actions taken against Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump - this time by one of his most visible superfans.

Jeff Popick, father of one of the musical act U.S.A. Freedom Kids children and author of their unexpectedly popular song "Freedom's Call," told the Washington Post that Trump and his campaign have failed to live up to the verbal promises made to the troupe, including a table for them to sell their album at Trump events and a failed bid to schedule a performance during Trump's anti-debate event in January to putatively benefit US veterans.

"This is not a billion-dollar lawsuit," Popick told the Washington Post. "I'm doing this because I think they have to do the right thing. And if this means having to go through the court system to enforce them doing the right thing, then that's what I have to do. I'm not looking to do battle with the Trump campaign, but I have to show my girls that this is the right thing."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 26, 2016, 11:36:43 AM
You have failed to give me anything of substance in any case, to back up your point. Just weaksauce vague accusations delivered in over-the-top hyperbolic fashion. Meh.

I wasn't trying to convince you & won't waste the time trying to do so.  Was just answering the question.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on July 26, 2016, 11:37:36 AM
Spicey is fine with ruining our economy and foreign policy so long as it is done by non-Hillary people. Personal vendettas first, America second.

Bah, dermadmen's calculus isn't even that complicated.

Savonarola

They ran a quick blurb last night on the local news about campaign advertising.  Once again Florida leads the way, with a Hil ad on average once every five minutes :bleeding:.  Trump has a much smaller war chest, so his ads are less frequent, though still significant. (:bleeding: again.)  Admittedly Florida is a large state with multiple television markets; unfortunately I live in one of the battleground television markets (Orlando; Tampa is the other big battleground market.)   :(
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock