News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: DGuller on July 25, 2016, 09:36:39 PM
If there is one good thing about Putin's meddling, it's that if Clinton wins the presidency, she'll be really motivated to take on cyberwarfare head on.

I'm wondering what the White House has already done in retaliation.  And yeah, I'm pretty sure President Death From Above has no problem pulling that trigger.

Phillip V

If there is one good thing about Putin's meddling, it's that if Clinton wins the presidency, she'll be really motivated to take on cyberwarfare head on.

New title on my business card:  "Cyberwarfare Consultant"  :cool:

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2016, 09:40:23 PM

I'm wondering what the White House has already done in retaliation.  And yeah, I'm pretty sure President Death From Above has no problem pulling that trigger.

What kind of brutal retaliation do you think Pres. Urkel did?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

alfred russel

Well it does present quite a dilemma. Russia seeks to undermine the US by undermining the opposition to an incompetent politician. If Obama wants to go tit for tat, he would undermine the opposition to Putin.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2016, 10:00:03 PM

The sanctions he has applied have already wrecked their economy and collapsed the ruble, so it may be tough to distinguish the new harm he is doing from what has been ongoing.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Oh, I'm sure something somewhere got zapped, or is in the process of being zapped.  What, you don't think we do that sort of thing?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2016, 10:19:13 PM

Oh, I'm sure something somewhere got zapped, or is in the process of being zapped.  What, you don't think we do that sort of thing?

Dunno.  This is kind of your thing, so I had hoped you'd have something interesting to speculate on.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2016, 11:09:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2016, 10:19:13 PM

Dunno.  This is kind of your thing, so I had hoped you'd have something interesting to speculate on.

My speculation is that the US will retaliate at a time and place of our choosing, if it hasn't already happened.

We can do this all night if you want.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2016, 11:17:09 PM
My speculation is that the US will retaliate at a time and place of our choosing, if it hasn't already happened.

By doing what? 

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2016, 11:24:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2016, 11:17:09 PM

By doing what?

I'm not authorized to divulge that information to creepy ass crackers.

derspiess

Don't kind and sensitive person out on me, man.

CountDeMoney

Sorry, can't hear you behind your white hood, you're all muffled.