News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

So, will Sanders pull off a Ted Cruz tonight? I'm aware that he already endorsed Clinton some days ago, but the wikileaks emails have certainly muddied the whole party unification business.

Admiral Yi

Bernie has been bought off with Wasserman's resignation post-convention.

I'm thinking he will give a speech about

my fabulous revolutionary ideals

pivot

have to beat Trump.

Savonarola

Quote from: Legbiter on July 24, 2016, 07:04:14 AM
QuoteMiley Cyrus is pledging to leave the country if GOP White House hopeful Donald Trump becomes president.

"Honestly f--- this s--- I am moving if this is my president!" the 23-year-old "We Can't Stop" singer wrote to her more than 38 million Instagram followers on Wednesday.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/271683-miley-cyrus-pledges-to-leave-us-if-trump-wins

:hmm:

It's game over for Trump.

:lol:  Oh, if there only was a chance that she'd follow through on that.

Maybe she could make a song for Hil like the one she did for Occupy Wall Street.  She's the Joan Baez of her generation.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Quote from: celedhring on July 25, 2016, 01:06:27 PM
So, will Sanders pull off a Ted Cruz tonight? I'm aware that he already endorsed Clinton some days ago, but the wikileaks emails have certainly muddied the whole party unification business.

Doubt it, but it would continue a nice symmetry between the GOP and Democrats.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: celedhring on July 25, 2016, 01:06:27 PM

You have to admit, Putin does good work.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

lustindarkness

Sanders and Cruz should endorse Gary Johnson, that would make all this so much more entertaining. :lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 25, 2016, 02:04:47 PM
Sanders and Cruz should endorse Gary Johnson, that would make all this so much more entertaining. :lol:

I'm encouraging all my BernieBro friends to join me in voting for Gary Johnson.  Or at least vote for Jill Stein.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on July 25, 2016, 02:08:16 PM
Interesting analysis on the appeal of Trump: http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/trump-us-politics-poor-whites/

All of the Trump voters I know are doing quite well-- making more money than I do, anyway.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2016, 02:12:13 PM
I'm encouraging all my BernieBro friends to join me in voting for Gary Johnson.  Or at least vote for Jill Stein.

So you really do want Trump to be our next president.

lustindarkness

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 25, 2016, 02:04:47 PM

What I mean is, just imaging the media circus (added to current media circus) if them two made such endorsements :).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on July 25, 2016, 01:57:09 PM
You have to admit, Putin does good work.

Putin isn't responsible for how the Democrats treated the Sanders campaign.

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2016, 02:14:39 PM

No.  I don't want Hillary to be our next president.

derspiess

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 25, 2016, 02:15:12 PM
What I mean is, just imaging the media circus (added to current media circus) if them two made such endorsements :).

True.  But as far as media circuses go, I think we're good ;)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on July 25, 2016, 02:16:20 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2016, 02:14:39 PM

No.  I don't want Hillary to be our next president.

What's the difference?