Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

Quote from: derspiess on March 22, 2016, 09:04:24 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 22, 2016, 08:38:47 AM
Mike Tyson has endorsed Trump. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016#Actors_and_comedians

Actually, out of the list of actors and sports figures, I only recognise the names of Jenna Jameson and Mike Tyson. 

I also heard that Stallone has said that Trump is a good guy.

:o  You don't know Rocky Boiman??

Never heard of him.

derspiess

Quote from: Monoriu on March 22, 2016, 09:13:37 AM
Quote from: derspiess on March 22, 2016, 09:04:24 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 22, 2016, 08:38:47 AM
Mike Tyson has endorsed Trump. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016#Actors_and_comedians

Actually, out of the list of actors and sports figures, I only recognise the names of Jenna Jameson and Mike Tyson. 

I also heard that Stallone has said that Trump is a good guy.

:o  You don't know Rocky Boiman??

Never heard of him.

Kidding. He lives up the street from me.  Ex-NFL player; he does a local radio show these days.  Was surprised to see him on the list.  Not because of the Trump support, but because of his obscurity.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Savonarola

More actual news stories:

Warren on Twitter: Trump is a loser, wannabe tyrant
Donald Trump on Elizabeth Warren: 'Who's that, the Indian?'

Oh Donald, Donald, Donald, the preferred term is "Native American."

If nothing else Trump has succeeded in making our ruling class look ridiculous1..  According to the pundits Trump is a carnival barker who appeals mostly to under-educated poor white people whom we should all pity; yet he's reduced legal scholar, former Harvard professor and US Senator Elizabeth Warren to making childish insults on Twitter.

1.)  Yes, I know, ha-ha they didn't need any help with that.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Tonitrus

Quote from: Phillip V on March 22, 2016, 09:10:59 AM
Tax Revenue from Legalized Marijuana Exceed Expectations In Oregon

http://www.oregonlive.com/marijuana/index.ssf/2016/03/first_month_of_taxed_recreatio.html

Where do Clinton and Trump stand on legalizing pot?

Dunno, but Trump is a anti-smoking and a teetotaler...basically, he has talked about being against any addictive substances/habits in general.

Google indicates his comments on legalization are of the "it should be decided by states" flavor.

The Larch

Quote from: Monoriu on March 22, 2016, 08:38:47 AMhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016#Actors_and_comedians

The section of international politicians endorsing him is really charming:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016#International_political_figures

QuoteJimmie Åkesson, Swedish MP, leader of the Sweden Democrats[111]
Alexander Dugin, Russian political scientist, author of The Foundations of Geopolitics and The Fourth Political Theory and member of the National Bolshevik Eurasia Party[112]
Petr Hampl, Czech politician, member of extreme right wing Dawn - National Coalition
Martin Konvička, Czech politician, member of extreme right wing Dawn - National Coalition[113]
Jean-Marie Le Pen, French MEP, founder and former leader of the right wing Front National[114][115]
Miroslav Lidínský, Czech politician, leader of extreme right wing Dawn - National Coalition[116]
Matteo Salvini, Italian MEP and leader of secessionist Lega Nord[117]
Vojislav Šešelj, former Deputy Prime Minister of Serbia, and founder and president of Serbian Radical Party[118]
Geert Wilders, Dutch MP and leader of the anti-immigrant Party for Freedom[119][120]
Tom Van Grieken, Flemish MP and leader of anti-immigrant Vlaams Belang[121]

derspiess

Geert and Le Pen is the only one I recognize.  I like Geert :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

what's the expected increase in health care costs?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Phillip V

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 22, 2016, 10:02:27 AM

http://www.oregonlive.com/marijuana/index.ssf/2016/03/first_month_of_taxed_recreatio.html

Dunno, but Trump is a anti-smoking and a teetotaler...basically, he has talked about being against any addictive substances/habits in general.

Google indicates his comments on legalization are of the "it should be decided by states" flavor.

That's good.  Trump then has a more moderate drug stance than Cruz and Kasich?

Barrister

Quote from: Phillip V on March 22, 2016, 12:47:47 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on March 22, 2016, 10:02:27 AM

That's good.  Trump then has a more moderate drug stance than Cruz and Kasich?

It's Donald fucking Trump.  Do you expect him to have a coherent policy on anything?

Going back over the years you can find quotes to suggest he supports legalization, or that he hates drugs.  Who knows what his policy is.  He didn't get to where he is now by  having policies.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Barrister on March 22, 2016, 12:50:39 PM
It's Donald fucking Trump.  Do you expect him to have a coherent policy on anything?

The automatic stay and discharge of debts following bankruptcy.  He's for it.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: Savonarola on March 22, 2016, 09:33:45 AM
More actual news stories:

Warren on Twitter: Trump is a loser, wannabe tyrant
Donald Trump on Elizabeth Warren: 'Who's that, the Indian?'

Oh Donald, Donald, Donald, the preferred term is "Native American."

If nothing else Trump has succeeded in making our ruling class look ridiculous1..  According to the pundits Trump is a carnival barker who appeals mostly to under-educated poor white people whom we should all pity; yet he's reduced legal scholar, former Harvard professor and US Senator Elizabeth Warren to making childish insults on Twitter.

1.)  Yes, I know, ha-ha they didn't need any help with that.

Warren acting petulant? Oh my.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: The Larch on March 22, 2016, 10:22:42 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 22, 2016, 08:38:47 AMhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016#Actors_and_comedians

The section of international politicians endorsing him is really charming:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Donald_Trump_presidential_campaign_endorsements,_2016#International_political_figures

QuoteJimmie Åkesson, Swedish MP, leader of the Sweden Democrats[111]
Alexander Dugin, Russian political scientist, author of The Foundations of Geopolitics and The Fourth Political Theory and member of the National Bolshevik Eurasia Party[112]
Petr Hampl, Czech politician, member of extreme right wing Dawn - National Coalition
Martin Konvička, Czech politician, member of extreme right wing Dawn - National Coalition[113]
Jean-Marie Le Pen, French MEP, founder and former leader of the right wing Front National[114][115]
Miroslav Lidínský, Czech politician, leader of extreme right wing Dawn - National Coalition[116]
Matteo Salvini, Italian MEP and leader of secessionist Lega Nord[117]
Vojislav Šešelj, former Deputy Prime Minister of Serbia, and founder and president of Serbian Radical Party[118]
Geert Wilders, Dutch MP and leader of the anti-immigrant Party for Freedom[119][120]
Tom Van Grieken, Flemish MP and leader of anti-immigrant Vlaams Belang[121]

+ Martinus, Polish lawyer and leader of the troll wing of the Languishite Analogies Party

Some fun names here - Dugin in particular is a riot, especially sporting the retro-Unabomber look.

It's been a while since a major US Presidential candidate received strong support from the National Eurasian Bolsheviks. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 22, 2016, 01:25:33 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 22, 2016, 12:50:39 PM

The automatic stay and discharge of debts following bankruptcy.  He's for it.

Touche.  I hear he's also a big fan of eminent domain.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Zanza

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 22, 2016, 01:31:09 PM
It's been a while since a major US Presidential candidate received strong support from the National Eurasian Bolsheviks.
:lol:

Zanza

He was also endorsed by the "Rent Is Too Damn High Party", which I only knew from meme so far.