News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/pro-confederate-group-endorses-donald-trump-in-005353727.html

I've spoken before about the serious inroads Trump has made with the NEET hikikomori crowd, but he makes steady progress with the m-muh heritage groups as well.

Though I am assailed on all sides by his ardent supporters, I can't find it in myself to support a yankee billionaire demagogue. It only highlights what poor representatives these august constituencies have to choose from. Where is the proper politician who has the boldness of vision to promise the South independence from yankeedom while simultaneously pledging to Make Anime Real?  :(
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on February 21, 2016, 04:47:50 AM
Anyways, unless this has been lost somewhere amidst the Raz's Autistic Apple Analysis, Jeb's out.

You really, really need a dictionary.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 21, 2016, 05:22:27 AM
Can you guys give me some examples of Rubio's crazy Tea Party ideas?

All I know about the guy is he was for amnesty and he didn't propose a crazy tax decrease like others did.

I presume this is from 2012.
http://www.teapartyexpress.org/4852/senator-marco-rubio-tea-party-choice-for-vice-president

As for specific policies, I don't think the Tea Party and the current GOP differ all that much.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

Looks like Trump is going to win Nevada even bigger than he did South Carolina.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/primary-forecast/nevada-republican/#polls-only

Cruz might get second place as well.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Those polls still have JEB! listed.

Trump will still win, of course, but he's not gonna be picking up the Bush voters. Second place probably depends on that question.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 21, 2016, 06:16:22 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 21, 2016, 05:22:27 AM
Can you guys give me some examples of Rubio's crazy Tea Party ideas?

All I know about the guy is he was for amnesty and he didn't propose a crazy tax decrease like others did.

I presume this is from 2012.
http://www.teapartyexpress.org/4852/senator-marco-rubio-tea-party-choice-for-vice-president

As for specific policies, I don't think the Tea Party and the current GOP differ all that much.

Has anyone else noticed Ted Cruz sounds like Nathan Lane? There is no way in hell someone with that voice gets elected the POTUS.

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on February 21, 2016, 01:54:19 AM
Still seems problematic since the police would not be able to serve a warrant whenever it involves a third party.  The police can't compel a self-storage owner to open up one of his units.  Or an apartment building owner for that matter.  I don't think placing evidence in the hands of a third party should subvert a police investigation.

In those situations, the owners are generally willing to help (if grudgingly so) because the police can always just bust the doors down, and the owners have an incentive to help in order to avoid damage to their property.

If Apple thinks this through, they might come to the same conclusion.  Apple can develop a tool to crack the phones, help with the investigation, an keep control of the tool, or they can let the FBI develop the tool, in which case the government will have control of the tool.  For those worried about government intrusiveness (which I would suppose includes, to a greater or lesser degree, everyone but Ide), the latter would seem to be a worse scenario.

CountDeMoney

Unreal.  And it keeps getting unrealer. 

The world is starting the likes of Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping with the first team, and we're drafting Johnny Manziel. 

Where have you gone, Richard Milhous Nixon
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you
Woo, woo, woo.
Woo, woo, woo.

Sigh.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 21, 2016, 11:37:34 AM
Unreal.  And it keeps getting unrealer. 

The world is starting the likes of Vladimir Putin and Xi Jinping with the first team, and we're drafting Johnny Manziel. 

Where have you gone, Richard Milhous Nixon
A nation turns its lonely eyes to you
Woo, woo, woo.
Woo, woo, woo.

Sigh.
Don't you want to win again?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on February 21, 2016, 11:39:36 AM
Don't you want to win again?

You're not going to beat the New England Patriots of the world by electing the Cleveland Browns front office, no.  Not going to outcoach Vladimir Belichick that way.