2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

derspiess

12/15.  I remember a few of those quotes from when they happened.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

8/15  :blush:

That is some hilarious stuff right there. At least we never elected our crazy man Italy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I am pleased with Trump's performance in this election cycle so far. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 21, 2015, 10:19:32 AM
I am pleased with Trump's performance in this election cycle so far. :)

I know Shielbh would enjoy it. If ever gets back from his Greek vacation.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Kasich is announcing his Vice Presidential candidacy right now.  One of the owners of my local brewery helped introduce him (he helped push through a bill in 2012 allowing small breweries to serve their beer on premises).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2015, 11:18:32 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 20, 2015, 10:33:49 PM
That your assertion that these blue dogs actually care about deficit spending will be supported.

Well 24 of the 52 Dogs voted against the Affordable Care Act. Of those 24 only 8 were even in office in 2001 so it is impossible for my assertion to be supported. I guess you showed me.

I have to admit that is a pretty fiendishly clever way of winning an argument: create an arbitrary standard of proof that is impossible to meet.

Were there more then 10 Democrats who voted on the ACA and the Bush tax cuts in 2001?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on July 21, 2015, 11:07:53 AM
Were there more then 10 Democrats who voted on the ACA and the Bush tax cuts in 2001?

only 34 voted Nay on the Affordable Care Act so probably not. Though maybe there might have just barely cleared 10 if I included non-Blue Dogs.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on July 21, 2015, 11:22:13 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 21, 2015, 11:07:53 AM

only 34 voted Nay on the Affordable Care Act so probably not. Though maybe there might have just barely cleared 10 if I included non-Blue Dogs.

Well then were are these "moderate" southern Democrats so concerned with the budget?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on July 21, 2015, 11:35:20 AM
Well then were are these "moderate" southern Democrats so concerned with the budget?

Again is your benchmark for being concerned about the budget how one voted on the Affordable Care Act?

About half the Blue Dogs came from non-Southern States btw. I know you think they are all KKK members from the 1930s.

Ideologue

Quote from: Valmy on July 12, 2015, 09:56:22 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 10, 2015, 09:27:55 PM
What was so great about Tsongas?

Economically right wing and socially left wing. My kind of dude. He had all the Reagan Democrats enthralled.

Sounds like a monster.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on July 21, 2015, 11:50:11 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 12, 2015, 09:56:22 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 10, 2015, 09:27:55 PM
What was so great about Tsongas?

Economically right wing and socially left wing. My kind of dude. He had all the Reagan Democrats enthralled.

Sounds like a monster.

Well he died shortly after that of cancer so never fear.