2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archy

Hillary Clinton 94%
BErnie Sanders 94%
Martin O'mAlley 72%

My total opposite is Carly Fiorina 2%

Seems I'm Left Wing and that the districts most close to my ideas are in Vermont, Massassuchets and California.

Eddie Teach

98% for Bernie. Seems my opposition to abortion should be worth more than two points.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

PDH

Mine said I support Sulla and oppose Pompey.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

DGuller

These kinds of articles make my skin crawl:  http://www.vox.com/2015/7/1/8874957/jeb-bush-charity.  Someone must've missed some lessons about charity-giving, and it's not Jeb Bush.

Berkut

The GOP is so thoroughly broken. The candidate pool they've amassed proves that beyond any possible doubt. There is no room at all for even slightly sane candidates.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on July 01, 2015, 10:10:15 AM
The GOP is so thoroughly broken. The candidate pool they've amassed proves that beyond any possible doubt. There is no room at all for even slightly sane candidates.

Their core voters are too driven by ideological purity to accept anybody tainted by practical concerns of government.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Valmy on July 01, 2015, 10:54:28 AM

Their core voters are too driven by ideological purity to accept anybody tainted by practical concerns of government.

My sister is one of those classic core voters. She was visiting last week, and got going on the "race riots" in Baltimore. She pointed out that the basic problem in America is a decline in moral standards largely driven by a lax judicial system.

I tried pointing out that we put more people in prison and for longer than any other western nation in the world, and by a rather large factor. That in fact we are incredibly NOT lax and forgiving. Her response was "I don't agree". I said you don't agree that we do that, or you don't agree that by doing that we are still not strict enough on criminals?

Response: "I don't agree".

Then my wife kicked me under the table and the discussion ended.

0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on July 01, 2015, 11:57:44 AM
She pointed out that the basic problem in America is a decline in moral standards largely driven by a lax judicial system.

:blink:

I don't even...

I mean she is aware crime is down right? Is she suggesting that we were more moral in the past when more crimes were being committed?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on July 01, 2015, 11:57:44 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 01, 2015, 10:54:28 AM

My sister is one of those classic core voters. She was visiting last week, and got going on the "race riots" in Baltimore. She pointed out that the basic problem in America is a decline in moral standards largely driven by a lax judicial system.

I tried pointing out that we put more people in prison and for longer than any other western nation in the world, and by a rather large factor. That in fact we are incredibly NOT lax and forgiving. Her response was "I don't agree". I said you don't agree that we do that, or you don't agree that by doing that we are still not strict enough on criminals?

Response: "I don't agree".

Then my wife kicked me under the table and the discussion ended.
That's how debates with my sister go as well.  :console: 

Valmy

My sister rarely ever expresses strong opinions about anything not related to the New England Patriots, Boston Terriers, and reality TV shows.

Berkut

I know I have a history of the "pox on both houses" approach to politics, and for a lot of very fundamental issues (mainly the inflluence of money in politics) I still think that a lot of the debate we have is largely bullshit because both parties are neck deep in the corruption, and neither seems interested in even trying to fix it.

However, within the scope of things that actually ARE allowed as part of out political discourse, I think the GOP is hopelessly fucked up. They have become a party that is basically pure populism, and nothing more at all. They are basically counting on there being enough people who vote their fear and hate to get elected.

I cannot even any longer pretend to be a "fiscal concervative" since there isn't anyone in the Republican Party who even comes close to aligning to such a thing.

0 rows returned

Valmy

I am with you. I hate the Democrats they are so corrupt and arrogant and stupid...but I vote for them pretty much every time now. It's bullshit.

Habbaku

John Kasich will soon sweep forth and drive all the false idols out of the GOP Presidential race.  :pope:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Habbaku on July 01, 2015, 01:14:01 PM
John Kasich will soon sweep forth and drive all the false idols out of the GOP Presidential race.  :pope:

Didn't the Tea Party declare him evil for not sufficiently hating Obama or something?