News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New York micro-appartments

Started by viper37, July 11, 2012, 02:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Damn.  You know you're in a joke job when Jewish lawyers take shots at you.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on January 23, 2013, 02:20:08 PM
Quote from: garbon on January 23, 2013, 02:08:07 PM
Exactly. Everyone is all up in your personal space in a studio. Only good if you want people joining you in your bed.

DG's an actuary. So clearly, that's not an issue.  :P

I've heard he gets around.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Your race is in flux.  At any given moment there is a non-zero chance you and I are the same race or that your are a Martian-American.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

garbon

Does that bother you? An ill-defined construct loosely applied?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on January 23, 2013, 05:39:00 PM
Does that bother you? An ill-defined construct loosely applied?

I always found quantum mechanics kinda weird.  The idea that you exist in cloud of infinite uncertainty and only decohere into one human being because someone is observing you is disconcerting.

garbon

Not entirely on-topic but an example of what these micro-apts compete with in the city. :D

http://theworstroom.tumblr.com/

garbon

Also, I realize that I'm fucking up. I could probably make some good rent off my living room!

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 23, 2013, 04:37:43 PM
Damn.  You know you're in a joke job when Jewish lawyers take shots at you.

Malthus is just jealous.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Brazen on July 17, 2012, 09:36:19 AM
Studio flats in my block about that size currently retail for $250,000. I at least have a couple of proper bedrooms  :bowler:

According to this story micro units of 226 to 291 square feet rent for about $850 per month in downtown Vancouver.

http://life.nationalpost.com/2011/12/21/micro-living-canadas-smallest-apartment-the-size-of-a-walk-in-closet/

MadImmortalMan

I can understand downsizing that far, but not for that price. A buck a square foot maybe. Not four.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers