News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What Is The Social Utility Of Your Job ?

Started by mongers, May 02, 2013, 08:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: garbon on May 02, 2013, 10:31:18 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 02, 2013, 10:12:55 PM
Quote from: garbon on May 02, 2013, 10:08:34 PM
Because of me, pharma companies know how to better to "speak" to you, raising your overall awareness of treatments for your ailments. You're welcome. :)

Can yo do something about the "helping" drugs not having like 15 side effects that make life worse?

Can you do something about your bad genetics making yourself susceptible to the rarely occurring side effects?

So your answer is no :ultra:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on May 02, 2013, 10:08:34 PM
Because of me, pharma companies know how to better to "speak" to you, raising your overall awareness of treatments for your ailments. You're welcome. :)

No wonder they fired you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PRC

Ultimately I facilitate people's recreation in particular regions of the Canadian Rockies.

Syt

I help ensure that Europe gets the network of real estate offices that it deserves.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on May 03, 2013, 12:31:07 AM
I help ensure that Europe gets the network of real estate offices that it deserves.

:unsure:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

fhdz

Quote from: PRC on May 03, 2013, 12:19:18 AM
Ultimately I facilitate people's recreation in particular regions of the Canadian Rockies.

Pimp?
and the horse you rode in on

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Martinus

Making sure the rich get richer while the plebes are kept down.  :showoff:

Martinus

Quote from: HVC on May 02, 2013, 09:02:39 PM
Quote from: katmai on May 02, 2013, 08:59:06 PM
Quote from: HVC on May 02, 2013, 08:55:29 PM
Also, that bald eagle is probably Canadian, FYI :D

:huh:
aren't the bald eagle numbers in America plummeting? Or am I misremembering?

If they were plummeting, wouldn't there be a lot of them lying around?  :hmm:

fhdz

Oh good, it's coffee break time in Poland.
and the horse you rode in on

Tamas

I earn about twice the Hungarian average, which means that my monthly tax payments roughly equal the net average monthly income.
That's some respectable social utility right there.

Martinus

Quote from: fahdiz on May 03, 2013, 01:22:56 AM
Oh good, it's coffee break time in Poland.

It's Constitution Day so I'm off work, bitch.

Martinus

Quote from: Tamas on May 03, 2013, 01:53:19 AM
I earn about twice the Hungarian average, which means that my monthly tax payments roughly equal the net average monthly income.
That's some respectable social utility right there.

Is this a math test question to figure out what's your tax rate is?