Main Menu

The Steadfast Trust - WTF??

Started by merithyn, April 26, 2013, 10:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2013, 01:14:11 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 26, 2013, 01:06:23 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 26, 2013, 12:33:24 PM
But the English are the dominant culture, language, and population in the UK.

That's on its way out, dear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_British

Hard to see how 80% of total UK pop and 45% of London indicates that White British is on its way out.

White British and English are not the same thing.  English are White British but not all White British are English.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

This is a non-story, of no significance whatsoever.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Neil

They used allcaps?  Probably white supremacists.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

You gotta out breed the heathens.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on April 26, 2013, 01:32:41 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2013, 01:14:11 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 26, 2013, 01:06:23 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 26, 2013, 12:33:24 PM
But the English are the dominant culture, language, and population in the UK.

That's on its way out, dear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_British

Hard to see how 80% of total UK pop and 45% of London indicates that White British is on its way out.

White British and English are not the same thing.  English are White British but not all White British are English.

So is your suggestion that Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish is taking more and more of that pie that is White British?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Agelastus on April 26, 2013, 01:31:33 PM
:rolleyes:

It's a registered charity - what do you expect their list of goals to look like? Well, given they're not a Public School (British type) anyway...

And they've never reported having enough money to worry about them, whether they be genuine or racist.

I shall have to see if my relatives who live in Macclesfield have ever heard of them. :hmm:

I don't expect there to be charities that help only a dominant type of white people.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: mongers on April 26, 2013, 01:38:33 PM

Some of us dislike racist charities, YMMV.

merithyn

It strikes me as an obvious counter to those groups who specifically help minorities. If it weren't for the fact that there's already a ton of safety nets for whites, I could see the value...
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Neil

Quote from: merithyn on April 26, 2013, 01:52:17 PM
It strikes me as an obvious counter to those groups who specifically help minorities. If it weren't for the fact that there's already a ton of safety nets for whites, I could see the value...
Aren't the safety nets for citizens, not just whites?  Or are you racist?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

merithyn

Quote from: Neil on April 26, 2013, 02:02:08 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 26, 2013, 01:52:17 PM
Aren't the safety nets for citizens, not just whites?  Or are you racist?

The safety nets are for everyone. The difference is in getting access to them. In general - at least here in the US - whites know better how to access assistance and have more options available to them. The general assumption, sad as it may be, is that whites have just fallen on hard times and need a hand for a short time while blacks/other minorities are making a career out of welfare.

That's the stereotype, and that's what a lot of people believe. So, when a white person goes in for assistance, they get better help, more help, and more options. 

The Brain

Somehow I doubt that the Welsh, Scottish and Irish have any problems grabbing welfare. :hmm:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Agelastus

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2013, 01:51:16 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 26, 2013, 01:38:33 PM

Some of us dislike racist charities, YMMV.

Some of us dislike people who are so kneejerk with accusations of Racism without evidence to back it up. YMMV.

Now, if you'd actually bothered to do the research I might take you more seriously; having done the research myself then yes, there is enough smoke (connections of various former and current directors to the BNP or EDL or similar organisations) to suggest that there may be a fire, muddied by the fact that several figures connected with it have openly criticised groups such as the BNP and EDL and also muddied by the fact that most of the criticisms and blogs come from sites that I quite frankly won't be visiting again (the rancid nature and obvious agendas of most of the posters made Languish look like a bastion of subtlety.)

And further muddied by the fact that theyve been around since 2004 and still retain their charity registration despite a number of other similar organisations not getting a listing in the first place.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Malthus

We must act now, or Morris Dancing will be in danger of dying out.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

merithyn

Quote from: Agelastus on April 26, 2013, 02:21:51 PM
Some of us dislike people who are so kneejerk with accusations of Racism without evidence to back it up. YMMV.

Now, if you'd actually bothered to do the research I might take you more seriously; having done the research myself then yes, there is enough smoke (connections of various former and current directors to the BNP or EDL or similar organisations) to suggest that there may be a fire, muddied by the fact that several figures connected with it have openly criticised groups such as the BNP and EDL and also muddied by the fact that most of the criticisms and blogs come from sites that I quite frankly won't be visiting again (the rancid nature and obvious agendas of most of the posters made Languish look like a bastion of subtlety.)

And further muddied by the fact that theyve been around since 2004 and still retain their charity registration despite a number of other similar organisations not getting a listing in the first place.

Unfortunately, this is too muddied to understand.

Are you saying they are or are not a racist organization based on your research?

Tonitrus

They could have just started a golf/tennis club instead.