Main Menu

The Steadfast Trust - WTF??

Started by merithyn, April 26, 2013, 10:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on April 26, 2013, 12:20:28 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2013, 11:46:07 AM
Quote from: Viking on April 26, 2013, 11:27:54 AM
Is this a joke where they cut and pasted some mission statement from a registered charity working for some other minority and just replaced "pakistani" with "english" in word?

Sadly no. :(

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/Showcharity/RegisterOfCharities/CharityWithoutPartB.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1105806&SubsidiaryNumber=0

Wow... just... wow.

Would you feel any differently if this were a Welsh group?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: Zanza on April 26, 2013, 12:25:25 PM
What is so special about this that it deserves a thread? Surely similar organisations exist everywhere? I thought that "white supremacy" groups etc. exist in the USA as well? We certainly have Neonazis that fund similar clubs.

This isn't a white supremacy group, though. It openly says that every ethnicity should have an organization that supports their own history and culture. They're just including "Anglo-Saxon", or "English" as an ethnicity. I find that to be... odd.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on April 26, 2013, 12:27:34 PM

Would you feel any differently if this were a Welsh group?

There are Welsh groups... which, to me, makes sense. The Welsh were a tribe that were deliberately forced to assimilate - the point of making their own language illegal to speak or use in any legal way (schools were forbidden to use the language at all). Having a "support group" seems kind of silly since it's no longer being discriminated against, but it still makes more sense than an Anglo-Saxon one.

But the English are the dominant culture, language, and population in the UK. Their history is well-known, well-documented, and well-researched. How on earth can anyone of Anglo-Saxon descent ever feel like an outsider?

Neil

Quote from: Grallon on April 26, 2013, 11:19:49 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 26, 2013, 10:53:04 AM
It's amazing how easily inappropriate guilt can end a civilization.
You mean the White Man's Complex?  A very Anglo-Saxon thing yes - that has spawned the vile mongrel that is multiculturalism and drives England to the self flagellation of massive 3rd world immigration.  Canada, Australia are similarly affected.
Last time I checked, Paris was full of people from the old colonies who will burn up cars at the drop of a hat.  The English-speaking peoples don't have a monopoly on feeling shame for their success.  It's just strongest there because we're by far the most successful of all the peoples on the Earth.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: merithyn on April 26, 2013, 12:30:03 PM
Quote from: Zanza on April 26, 2013, 12:25:25 PM
What is so special about this that it deserves a thread? Surely similar organisations exist everywhere? I thought that "white supremacy" groups etc. exist in the USA as well? We certainly have Neonazis that fund similar clubs.
This isn't a white supremacy group, though. It openly says that every ethnicity should have an organization that supports their own history and culture. They're just including "Anglo-Saxon", or "English" as an ethnicity. I find that to be... odd.
Because you're a racist.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Zanza

Quote from: merithyn on April 26, 2013, 12:33:24 PM
There are Welsh groups... which, to me, makes sense. The Welsh were a tribe that were deliberately forced to assimilate - the point of making their own language illegal to speak or use in any legal way (schools were forbidden to use the language at all). Having a "support group" seems kind of silly since it's no longer being discriminated against, but it still makes more sense than an Anglo-Saxon one.

But the English are the dominant culture, language, and population in the UK. Their history is well-known, well-documented, and well-researched. How on earth can anyone of Anglo-Saxon descent ever feel like an outsider?
They are a minority in their own capital for example.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on April 26, 2013, 12:42:32 PM

They are a minority in their own capital for example.

:huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: merithyn on April 26, 2013, 12:30:03 PMThis isn't a white supremacy group, though. It openly says that every ethnicity should have an organization that supports their own history and culture. They're just including "Anglo-Saxon", or "English" as an ethnicity. I find that to be... odd.

It's most likely a white supremacy group with slightly better marketing materials.

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on April 26, 2013, 12:54:56 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 26, 2013, 12:30:03 PMThis isn't a white supremacy group, though. It openly says that every ethnicity should have an organization that supports their own history and culture. They're just including "Anglo-Saxon", or "English" as an ethnicity. I find that to be... odd.

It's most likely a white supremacy group with slightly better marketing materials.

Yeah.

I have absolutely no problem in theory with a group that wants to promote english culture and heritage.

It's just that in the real world every group that has ever claimed that was their purpose was, in fact, a white supremacist group.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

But the English are the dominant culture, language, and population in the UK.

That's on its way out, dear.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on April 26, 2013, 01:06:23 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_British

Hard to see how 80% of total UK pop and 45% of London indicates that White British is on its way out.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2013, 12:59:49 PM
Quote from: Jacob on April 26, 2013, 12:54:56 PM

Yeah.

I have absolutely no problem in theory with a group that wants to promote english culture and heritage.

It's just that in the real world every group that has ever claimed that was their purpose was, in fact, a white supremacist group.

And particularly when a group lists aims like:

A) TO RELIEVE POVERTY AMONG MEMBERS OF THE ANGLO-SAXON COMMUNITY LIVING IN ENGLAND;
B) TO PROMOTE THE PRESERVATION & PROTECTION OF HEALTH SUCH PERSONS;
C) TO ADVANCE EDUCATION AMONG SUCH PERSONS;
D) TO PROVIDE OR ASSIST IN THE PROVISION OF FACILITIES FOR SUCH PERSONS IN THE INTERESTS OF SOCIAL WELFARE AND WITH THE OBJECT OF IMPROVING THEIR CONDITIONS OF LIFE;

That's quite a bit different from simply celebrating a culture.

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on April 26, 2013, 01:06:23 PM

I hardly think so, honey.

Agelastus

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2013, 01:15:33 PM
And particularly when a group lists aims like:

A) TO RELIEVE POVERTY AMONG MEMBERS OF THE ANGLO-SAXON COMMUNITY LIVING IN ENGLAND;
B) TO PROMOTE THE PRESERVATION & PROTECTION OF HEALTH SUCH PERSONS;
C) TO ADVANCE EDUCATION AMONG SUCH PERSONS;
D) TO PROVIDE OR ASSIST IN THE PROVISION OF FACILITIES FOR SUCH PERSONS IN THE INTERESTS OF SOCIAL WELFARE AND WITH THE OBJECT OF IMPROVING THEIR CONDITIONS OF LIFE;

That's quite a bit different from simply celebrating a culture.

:rolleyes:

It's a registered charity - what do you expect their list of goals to look like? Well, given they're not a Public School (British type) anyway...

And they've never reported having enough money to worry about them, whether they be genuine or racist.

I shall have to see if my relatives who live in Macclesfield have ever heard of them. :hmm:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

The Brain

I agree with my body that some ethnic groups shouldn't be allowed to get organized.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.