Norwegian girls convert to Islam for Justin Bieber tickets

Started by Syt, April 19, 2013, 02:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Converting to Islam: no big whoop.  I did it myself once. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on April 19, 2013, 03:17:30 PM
Converting to Islam: no big whoop.  I did it myself once. :)

Did you get Justin Bieber tickets out of the deal?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2013, 03:43:16 PM
What does it take to become a convert to Islam?
All you have to do is recite that prayer which is like "There is only one God and that God is Allah" three times.  I think it's called the shahadah.   When I was in college a friend and I did that as a joke at a Model UN Conference since we were representing some crappy Muslim country. :)

Caliga

Quote from: Malthus on April 19, 2013, 03:55:24 PM
Did you get Justin Bieber tickets out of the deal?  :hmm:
I think he was in diapers when we converted. :cool:

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on April 19, 2013, 03:56:39 PM
All you have to do is recite that prayer which is like "There is only one God and that God is Allah" three times.  I think it's called the shahadah.   When I was in college a friend and I did that as a joke at a Model UN Conference since we were representing some crappy Muslim country. :)

Okay, I found this on about.com. Seems very easy.

http://islam.about.com/od/converts/ht/convert.htm
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

One of my best friends did that so his wife's family would like him :rolleyes:

When you do that, you have to take a Muslim name.  His was (and still is to the older in-laws) Omar.  We do give him more than a little shit over it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

I assume you have to go helmet if you're anteater, no?

Viking

I think you have to mean it when you say it as well.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Caliga

Queequeg

"No God but God and Muhammad is his prophet." Allah just means God.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on April 19, 2013, 04:07:25 PM
ORLY?  Yay! :cool:

When the death squad shows up to kill you for apostasy you just say you didn't mean it at the time.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.