Gay poll for straight people: your politics and aesthetics

Started by Martinus, April 18, 2013, 02:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For straight people: How do you feel about gay stuff?

I support gay marriage and I do not feel disgusted when I see two guys kissing
15 (40.5%)
I support gay marriage and I feel disgusted when I see two guys kissing
14 (37.8%)
I do not support gay marriage and I do not feel disgusted when I see two guys kissing
1 (2.7%)
I do not support gay marriage and I feel disgusted when I see two guys kissing
4 (10.8%)
Other
3 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on April 18, 2013, 02:54:22 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 18, 2013, 02:48:36 PM
Your poll does not separate out disgust for people probing eachothers tonsils in public regardless of sexual orientation.

Yeah that's my stance too. I don't have an issue with people of any sexual orientation kissing but PDAs can get egregious and awful.

It's a free country.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2013, 09:16:50 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 18, 2013, 08:59:05 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2013, 06:12:56 PM
I feel disgusted with anybody kissing in public.  Public displays of affection are more annoying than tailgating, littering and the homeless combined.

No the homeless take the cake.

Considering your location and the resulting increased homeless per capita, I will defer.

I left SF. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on April 18, 2013, 09:29:26 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 18, 2013, 02:54:22 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 18, 2013, 02:48:36 PM
Your poll does not separate out disgust for people probing eachothers tonsils in public regardless of sexual orientation.

Yeah that's my stance too. I don't have an issue with people of any sexual orientation kissing but PDAs can get egregious and awful.

It's a free country.

Yeah so I'm free to hate.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on April 18, 2013, 06:00:07 PM
I voted Other. What's a gay person?
Read my signature to understand who are these people ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

I wonder how that would go in the US:

<picture deleted>

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Brazen

I thought this said "gay pill for straight people". And there I was ready to embrace my inner Sappho.

CountDeMoney

Martinus

In retrospect I shouldn't have probably used the word "disgust" but "discomfort". I think this is pretty natural.

viper37

Quote from: katmai on April 18, 2013, 11:37:31 PM
Yeah Viper, you think this is TBR or something! :P
it's a public protest in France or Belgium.  We are so prude here :(

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on April 19, 2013, 10:18:34 AM
In retrospect I shouldn't have probably used the word "disgust" but "discomfort". I think this is pretty natural.

It is something one gets used to. In my city, such displays have gone in my lifetime from absolutely verboten in public, through edgy, to almost complete public indifference. 

First time I saw open gay affection in public I was uncomfortable with it. Now, it really has no impact on me at all one way or the other, unless they are really making a spectacle of themselves - same goes for straights.   
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: viper37 on April 18, 2013, 11:19:07 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 18, 2013, 06:00:07 PM
I voted Other. What's a gay person?
Read my signature to understand who are these people ;)

Doesn't explain much about who they are. Just tells me they are pretty evil and terrible.