Gay poll for straight people: your politics and aesthetics

Started by Martinus, April 18, 2013, 02:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For straight people: How do you feel about gay stuff?

I support gay marriage and I do not feel disgusted when I see two guys kissing
15 (40.5%)
I support gay marriage and I feel disgusted when I see two guys kissing
14 (37.8%)
I do not support gay marriage and I do not feel disgusted when I see two guys kissing
1 (2.7%)
I do not support gay marriage and I feel disgusted when I see two guys kissing
4 (10.8%)
Other
3 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Caliga

Quote from: fahdiz on April 18, 2013, 03:09:40 PM
I voted Option 2, but I wouldn't say it's disgust at all, just a level of discomfort. I see nothing wrong with it and no reason why my biological reaction to something should have any sway over what is or isn't good public policy.
I'm with fahdiz here.  I don't think 'disgust' is the right word, but yes it kind of skeeves me out somehow.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on April 18, 2013, 02:38:17 PM
Be honest.

This is partially inspired by garbon's other thread - I think it's a measure of a truly wise man to be able to separate one's aesthetics from one's politics.

Edit: Voted "other" to see results.

The poll is sexist Marty.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

Sometimes 1, sometimes 2. Depends how heavily they're going at it.
And I note your poll makes no mention of straight couples kissing. That can be pretty icky too.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Is Squeeze Tyr.  If so, why?  I voted 1, but I based that on not find homosexual displays of affection any more disturbing then heterosexual ones.  I still find it kinda awkward.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on April 18, 2013, 07:02:21 PM
Is Squeeze Tyr.  If so, why?

His old name was Josquius, which has a "squee" sound in the middle.
and the horse you rode in on

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2013, 06:12:56 PM
I feel disgusted with anybody kissing in public.  Public displays of affection are more annoying than tailgating, littering and the homeless combined.

No the homeless take the cake.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 18, 2013, 08:59:05 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 18, 2013, 06:12:56 PM
I feel disgusted with anybody kissing in public.  Public displays of affection are more annoying than tailgating, littering and the homeless combined.

No the homeless take the cake.

Considering your location and the resulting increased homeless per capita, I will defer.