News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

QuoteAn aunt of the Boston Marathon bombing suspects said Friday the older brother recently became a devout Muslim who prayed five times a day, and she doesn't believe the brothers could have been involved in Monday's attack.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev had married and had a 3-year-old daughter in the U.S., Maret Tsarnaeva told reporters in Toronto.

"He has a wife in Boston and from a Christian family, so you can't tie it to religion," she said. "At that age all they want is love, so he found his love, he married, he had a daughter, and he was very happy about his daughter."

But she said the 26-year-old Tamerlan "seemingly did not find himself yet in America, because it's not easy."

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on April 19, 2013, 03:35:54 PM
QuoteBut she said the 26-year-old Tamerlan "seemingly did not find himself yet in America, because it's not easy."

:hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on April 19, 2013, 03:35:54 PM
Quote"He has a wife in Boston and from a Christian family, so you can't tie it to religion," she said.

His Christian wife didn't blow anybody up.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

derspiess

Boy, you can tell which cops want to look good for TV and which ones just don't give a shit :lol:

And thank God for XXL size tactical uniforms & gear.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on April 19, 2013, 02:33:29 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 19, 2013, 02:32:13 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on April 19, 2013, 02:26:36 PM
Should I merge this with the bombing thread, since they have complete overlap now?

This thread is about breakfast foods.

And old geezer Ed Angerbutt

mart can only dream of my attention whoring powers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

FunkMonk

Quote from: Malthus on April 19, 2013, 03:03:37 PM
QuoteTsarni said one of the suspects was born in Kyrgyzstan and that his brother's family moved to the Boston area in 2003, receiving asylum in the United States. He said the suspects "put a shame" on his family and "the entire ethnicity."

Not to mention, bringing shame to the good name of Tamerlane.  :hmm:

:lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Iormlund

Quote from: Berkut on April 19, 2013, 02:08:26 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 19, 2013, 02:01:01 PM
Quote from: Berkut on April 19, 2013, 01:53:04 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/massachusetts-bombers-profiles/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Sounds almost impossible that these could be the people who did this - is it ever the case that the perp is THAT normal and seemingly adjusted to everyone prior to something like this?

iirc some if not many of the people that took part in the 9/11 attack were also seemingly well adusted.

Yeah, but once we learned a little about them, it was obvious they were professional terrorists endeavoring to seem perfectly normal. These two don't seem like pros who were faking being normal people.

Leader of the Atocha bombings cell was well apparently well adjusted until he went back home for a visit and was rejected as westernized.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: derspiess on April 19, 2013, 04:11:10 PM
Boy, you can tell which cops want to look good for TV and which ones just don't give a shit :lol:

And thank God for XXL size tactical uniforms & gear.

I think cops have a lot of the same problems shift workers have and it's compounded by the need for many of them to also be mobile throughout the day. They are out of sync with a lot of society and that leads to eating habits geared towards fast food and fast service diners and etc. That leads to fat.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Dunkin Donuts will sell a dozen donuts for like $2 late at night, right before they toss them.

Good to know if you're busted flat, like I was in grad school.

Malthus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 19, 2013, 04:33:54 PM
Dunkin Donuts will sell a dozen donuts for like $2 late at night, right before they toss them.

Good to know if you're busted flat, like I was in grad school.

Heh Caliga would have saved himself the $2, and ate 'em right out of the dumpster.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

This story has begun to bore me. Kill the 19 year old, drone the aunt in Canada and string the father up.