News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

That group seems to have a sign for everything.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

I like that Strix thinks DG and Raz are Berkut's minions.  With friends like these...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on April 19, 2013, 11:22:04 AM
I like that Strix thinks DG and Raz are Berkut's minions.  With friends like these...
:yeahright: Jealous much?

Caliga

QuoteMajor news items from the press conference: 1. There will be a controlled explosion at a building on Norfolk Street in Cambridge that police obviously worry could be booby-trapped. 2. Police are searching an area of Watertown door-by-door.
Hee, when I was dating Princesca she lived about two blocks from Norfolk St on Broadway.  There was a whore house right across the street from her place.  Good times. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Liberal Party leader Justin Trudeau on the Boston bombing:

QuotePETER MANSBRIDGE:
Let me try to ask this as fairly as I can, because it's only a couple of hours after something has happened that clearly was not an accident, in Boston. People have died, many people are injured. You're the Canadian prime minister, what do you do?

JUSTIN TRUDEAU (LEADER OF THE LIBERAL PARTY OF CANADA):
First thing, you offer support and sympathy and condolences and, you know, can we send down, you know, EMTs or, I mean, as we contributed after 9/11? I mean, is there any material immediate support we have we can offer?

And then at the same time, you know, over the coming days, we have to look at the root causes. Now we don't know now whether it was, you know, terrorism or a single crazy or, you know, a domestic issue or a foreign issue, I mean, all of those questions. But there is no question that this happened because there is someone who feels completely excluded, completely at war with innocents, at war with a society.

And our approach has to be, okay, where do those tensions come from? I mean, yes, we need to make sure that we're promoting security and we're, you know, keeping our borders safe and, you know, monitoring the kinds of, you know, violent subgroups that happen around. But we also have to monitor and encourage people to not point fingers at each other and lay blame for personal ills or societal ills on a specific group, whether it be the West or the government or Bostonians or whatever it is, because it's that idea of dividing humans against ourselves, of pointing out that they're not like us and, you know, in order to achieve our political goals we can kill innocents here.

That's something that no society in the world that is healthy, regardless of ideology, will accept.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/04/19/justin-trudeau-comments-on-the-boston-bombing.html
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Sounds like entire Boston is shut down due to the manhunt.  Surreal.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

So Ed, will you be ordering a Super Bird from Denny's for your 4pm dinner? :bowler:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on April 19, 2013, 12:07:11 PM
So Ed, will you be ordering a Super Bird from Denny's for your 4pm dinner? :bowler:

Dear god, no.

But yes, I eat between 4 and 5.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Before the kids or do they eat at that time too?

You'll regret this when they are 10.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Caliga

Actually, I went to a Denny's a few months ago and it was surprisingly good... they seemed to have overhauled their food quality or something.