News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Explosions at Boston Marathon

Started by Darth Wagtaros, April 15, 2013, 02:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on April 19, 2013, 07:26:37 AM
I'm hearing the second suspect has posted on a social media site that he's getting ready to take his life. Interesting if true.

Yeah, shit like this, there will be no arrests.

merithyn

Quote from: stjaba on April 19, 2013, 06:37:30 AM
Apparently the dead suspect is named Tamerlan Tsarnaev. Apparently he was training for boxing. http://johanneshirn.photoshelter.com/gallery/-/G0000VQW7v6xWA7o/

His alleged girlfriend was pretty cute: http://johanneshirn.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Will-Box-For-Passport/G0000VQW7v6xWA7o/I0000kjbwUqXuuXk

"Tamerlab says his girlfriend is half Portuguese, half Italian girlfriend and converted to Islam: "She's beautiful, man!""

And no surprise, the guy likes his Islamic videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/muazseyfullah/videos

According to this, he and his family moved to the states five years ago.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

This guy's either 1) holed up in somebody's house close to where he bailed out of the vehicle, scaring the shit out of somebody's family, and will kill himself when the tactical teams start getting close, or 2) has stolen another car, and can be anywhere.

My money's on #1.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Pete Williams sez the cops have a bead on where he is right now.

And person of interest is in custody from the home the suspects were living at. 

Brazen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2013, 07:30:10 AM
And yeah, they detonate items in that little fucker.   That thing is heavy as balls.
Not surprised, they're made out of 1.5 inch thick HY-100 steel, the same material used to construct Seawolf-class submarines.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

So of course, my mother hadn't known about any of this earlier as they weren't watching the news. Her boyfriend went walking the dog in Cambridge and was like yeah it seemed like there were few people around. They only found out once the son tried to go to school and the commuter system is closed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2013, 07:51:00 AM
So of course, my mother hadn't known about any of this earlier as they weren't watching the news. Her boyfriend went walking the dog in Cambridge and was like yeah it seemed like there were few people around. They only found out once the son tried to go to school and the commuter system is closed.

You know, it helps to turn on the TV in the mornings every once in a while, if only for the traffic. 
I'd say for the weather too, but your Mom strikes me as the type of person that's satisfied looking out the window.   :lol:

Neil

Quote from: Brazen on April 19, 2013, 07:46:01 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2013, 07:30:10 AM
And yeah, they detonate items in that little fucker.   That thing is heavy as balls.
Not surprised, they're made out of 1.5 inch thick HY-100 steel, the same material used to construct Seawolf-class submarines.
Weak.  Submarines are weak.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 19, 2013, 07:53:56 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 19, 2013, 07:51:00 AM

You know, it helps to turn on the TV in the mornings every once in a while, if only for the traffic. 
I'd say for the weather too, but your Mom strikes me as the type of person that's satisfied looking out the window.   :lol:

Well she's now nominally retired and in the city, so traffic is also irrelevant to her mind. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Fast moving story. I woke up to this all happening, one supect caught/killed and the manhunt for the other. I work outside of Boston but several of my co-workers aren't here today because they live in the lockdown areas. One of my neighbors is a cop on an area SWAT team for the local towns and was called in on Monday. I don't think he's been back home all week as yet.

CountDeMoney

garbon

I'm glad NECN is interviewing a retired FBI agent - Tanya. She was saying bad things that could happen and reporter was like let's try and stay positive. :D

Okay, I need to get to work!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.