If near half of the world GDP is hidden in tax havens, what are we arguing about

Started by Martinus, April 10, 2013, 01:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: Martinus on April 12, 2013, 06:13:02 AM
Anyways, my accountant just sent me my 2012 tax statement and I paid US$38,000 in direct (income) taxes alone so that's enough for a second class citizen, I think.

The Russian ambassador and I had lunch today, and I found out I had paid $54,000 in income taxes alone.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ancient Demon

Anyways, my accountant just sent me my 2012 tax statement and I paid US$38,000 in direct (income) taxes alone so that's enough for a second class citizen, I think.

How much more would you pay if the government recognized same-sex marriage?
Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on April 12, 2013, 06:39:40 AM
Maybe Poland really isn't so bad, if it takes away enough of Martinus' money to buy a shitty house or a nice car every year.
He's evading taxes.  What ever happened to 'Treason!  Kill them!'
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Quote from: Neil on April 14, 2013, 12:33:07 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on April 12, 2013, 06:39:40 AM
Maybe Poland really isn't so bad, if it takes away enough of Martinus' money to buy a shitty house or a nice car every year.
He's evading taxes.  What ever happened to 'Treason!  Kill them!'

Is he?  I missed that.  Take him out behind the chemical sheds, then.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Valmy

I am sure every single one of those tax dodging dollars is just as rationalized by its owner as Martinus'
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

OttoVonBismarck

Isn't that enough money to buy a whole village in Poland?