News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is a bigoted dystopia really feasible anymore?

Started by Ideologue, April 09, 2013, 09:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 10, 2013, 08:37:00 PM
Double down on the name calling eggplant.
can't take it back now. you've porkchopped me in the thread*, and porkchop i shall remain!

* kind of sounds like a dirty sex act, doesn't it? :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

LULZ, "Porkchop" and "Eggplant".  It's like being on the force with Inspector Ed Luger, NYPD.

Ideologue

Are "porkchop" and "eggplant" actual slurs, or just made-up ones on Languish?

Personally, I dunno what was wrong with "dago."

I can use it.  It's our word.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

HVC

Quote from: Ideologue on April 10, 2013, 08:44:58 PM

Yes. Porkchop comes from pork and cheese (portuguese -> pork and cheese? get it, get it?). It's a thing in canada anyway. Eggplant is a slur for italians. Sicilians namely. Play on on eggplants being black on the outside and white on the inside while sicilians are white on the outside but have black and muslim heritage.

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ideologue

Quote from: katmaiNo it isn't you cracker honky.

Don't be mad that my bloodline retained a lack of pigment, bro.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: HVC on April 10, 2013, 08:48:33 PM

Yes. Porkchop come from pork and cheese (portuguese -> pork and cheese? get it, get it?). It's a thing in canada anyway. Eggplant is a slur for italians. Sicilians namely. Play on on eggplants being black on the outside and white on the inside while sicilians are white on the outside but have black on muslim heritage.

Not to mention the tainted blood of Greeks.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Yes. Porkchop come from pork and cheese (portuguese -> pork and cheese? get it, get it?). It's a thing in canada anyway. Eggplant is a slur for italians. Sicilians namely. Play on on eggplants being black on the outside and white on the inside while sicilians are white on the outside but have black and muslim heritage.

Long used for our fellow brothers in Christ of African decent.  Or so I've been told.

Capetan Mihali

Yes. Porkchop comes from pork and cheese (portuguese -> pork and cheese? get it, get it?). It's a thing in canada anyway. Eggplant is a slur for italians. Sicilians namely. Play on on eggplants being black on the outside and white on the inside while sicilians are white on the outside but have black and muslim heritage.

Thought the eggplant thing was a wacko reverse slur from CDM, since Italians in the US historically slurred blacks as [phonetically] "mumulyans" (~eggplants in Italian) for their color.  :huh:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 10, 2013, 11:58:33 PM
Thought the eggplant thing was a wacko reverse slur from CDM, since Italians in the US historically slurred blacks as [phonetically] "mumulyans" (~eggplants in Italian) for their color.  :huh:

So many of my gifts are lost on this crowd.  You people so don't deserve me.