News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Austrian News Watcher

Started by Syt, August 27, 2009, 04:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Right wing populist FPÖ head HC Strache published this caricature on his facebook page:

The Banks - The Government - The People

They later changed it to this, after people complained that the caricature was anti-semitic:

On this same weekend, he posted an image of him next to a roast piglet at a village fest, with the caption "Isst Du Schwein, darfst Du rein" (If you eat pig, come on in.) He says it was not anti-muslim/-jewish, but a pun on an old joke about his party: "Bist Du Schwein, darfst Du rein" (If you are a pig, come on in).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

A court in Graz has ruled that grabbing a woman's butt is not sexual harassment because the butt isn't a sexual organ. They dropped charges against a man who had done so and pointed out that such cases of "Anstandsverletzung" (indecent behavior?) are for the police to take up and fine for, not for criminal courts.

I have a feeling that this verdict will be appealed. Also, against the same guy there's charges from another woman that he made obscene gestures towards her and shouted "I wanna fuck! I wanna fuck!"
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

In other courtroom news:

The former (Spanish) proprietor of an ice café is on trial with the verdict expected tomorrow. She killed two boyfriends with shots in the back of the head, dismembered them with a chainsaw and dumped the parts in tubs with concrete in the basement (the murders were two years apart). She seems to have a fetish for strong, dominant boyfriends. Only when she wanted to leave a relationship she couldn't do it and instead killed the guy.

When she was arrested in Italy, she was two months pregnant from her new boyfriend. She gave birth in jail - the kid is with her parents in Spain. Her boyfriend married her in prison.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

And, unsurprisingly, the lady has been committed into an asylum for the criminally insane.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tonitrus

So how soon does she get out then?  :P

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

citizen k

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on November 22, 2012, 01:58:04 PM
And, unsurprisingly, the lady has been committed into an asylum for the criminally insane.

Eh, she's not bad looking.  A little mousy with a big nose, but otherwise seems okay.  The murdering thing is something of a problem.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 22, 2012, 02:02:59 PM
So how soon does she get out then?  :P

Actually, the chances are smaller of getting out of an asylum than out of a life term in jail. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on November 22, 2012, 10:16:59 PM
Quote from: Syt on November 22, 2012, 01:58:04 PM

Eh, she's not bad looking.  A little mousy with a big nose, but otherwise seems okay.  The murdering thing is something of a problem.

Damn son.  You think that is better looking tham Casey Anthony?

Razgovory

Casey Anthony had a bad case of duck face.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

The press office of the Vienna branch of the right wing FPÖ (Haider's ex-party, 25% at last Viennese vote) has been suspended by his party after a magazine noted that some of his "favorite quotes" on Facebook are from songs of the Waffen-SS.

The ex-press officer claims he copied the quotes from another forum, not being aware of the original source. :rolleyes:
—Stephen Jay Gould

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

I was thinking Rebecca Pidgeon.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?