Main Menu

Pictures form Deir ez-Zor (Syria)

Started by Jacob, April 07, 2013, 09:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: Tamas on April 09, 2013, 01:23:42 AM
Quote from: Jacob on April 08, 2013, 11:49:18 PM
Quote from: Tamas on April 08, 2013, 01:47:34 AMit's an elaborate joke

How is it different from any other Hungarian joke?

As much as it can be. Usually when a Hungarian blames the jews for something, he means it.

I hereby propose the "Tamas Law" of the Internet: that without a smilie or an obvious explaination, it is in practice impossible to tell when a Euro is joking about blaming everything on teh Joooos, and when he or she means it.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on April 07, 2013, 10:26:15 PM
Watch this video of shot from Syrian army tanks, gives you the idea of the scale of the destruction in some city areas, just as Jacobs photo link does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ZP-_dgVdc

Interesting; a Russian news crew embedded with the Syrian Army.
You see at 1:05, the guy with the digital camera has a black t-shirt with Assad's portrait on it under his long coat?
That's some balls right there, what with being in an insurrection zone.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 09, 2013, 08:25:15 AM
Quote from: mongers on April 07, 2013, 10:26:15 PM
Watch this video of shot from Syrian army tanks, gives you the idea of the scale of the destruction in some city areas, just as Jacobs photo link does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ZP-_dgVdc

Interesting; a Russian news crew embedded with the Syrian Army.
You see at 1:05, the guy with the digital camera has a black t-shirt with Assad's portrait on it under his long coat?
That's some balls right there, what with being in an insurrection zone.

Meh, he's riding next to (or on?) an RPG magnet.  Might as well double down. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Queequeg

They're Abkhazian. They probably carry Russian passports, but we consider it to be part of Georgia and ethnically they are closer related to other Circassian peoples.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Viking

Quote from: Queequeg on April 09, 2013, 12:57:54 PM
They're Abkhazian. They probably carry Russian passports, but we consider it to be part of Georgia and ethnically they are closer related to other Circassian peoples.

FSB men with passports from the KGB's fake country working for their fake TV station.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Queequeg

It's no more or less fake than Kosovo. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Viking

Quote from: Queequeg on April 09, 2013, 01:21:55 PM
It's no more or less fake than Kosovo.

Kosovo has 99 UN member states recognizing it, Abkhazia has 6 and to be honest I'm a bit baffled how the Russians got Vanuatu, Tuvalu and Nauru to recognize it. Chavezstan and Ortegastan I can understand, but the pacifics?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on April 09, 2013, 01:28:26 PM
Kosovo has 99 UN member states recognizing it, Abkhazia has 6 and to be honest I'm a bit baffled how the Russians got Vanuatu, Tuvalu and Nauru to recognize it. Chavezstan and Ortegastan I can understand, but the pacifics?

Server hosting space.

Jacob

Quote from: Viking on April 09, 2013, 01:28:26 PMKosovo has 99 UN member states recognizing it, Abkhazia has 6 and to be honest I'm a bit baffled how the Russians got Vanuatu, Tuvalu and Nauru to recognize it. Chavezstan and Ortegastan I can understand, but the pacifics?

I understand it's usually a quid pro quo kind of thing.