Main Menu

South Africa to Maggie: Good riddance

Started by Martinus, April 09, 2013, 07:14:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Agelastus on April 09, 2013, 10:09:27 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 09, 2013, 08:40:46 AM
The ANC's response is very classy.

I agree. Very well worded; just the right phrasing to get by without actually paying tribute at all.

Something some of our own countrymen could take a lesson from.

At the same time, I'm confused by that poorly written huffpo article. One would take away the sense that the ANC said something dreadful about her.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 09, 2013, 09:14:50 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 09, 2013, 08:40:46 AM
The ANC's response is very classy.

Yeah, under the circumstances I thought they handled it well.

One dude said good riddance so Marty entitled the thread suggesting that was South Africa's official response. :rolleyes:

Huffpo's title and lead-in sentence also suggested something negative.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

HuffPo being HuffPo.  Nothing to see here, move along.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jacob

Quote from: Martinus on April 09, 2013, 09:15:59 AMThat's how you title articles on the internet. Now I have to figure out how to be paid per click on my threads. :P

It's pretty easy: you just have to host the threads on your own site and enable advertising.