Where in the world is it safe to travel?

Started by garbon, April 03, 2013, 11:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 03, 2013, 06:07:35 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2013, 11:46:34 AM
Google style map in the link.

Go fig;  western liberal democracies born of the Age of Reason and built upon the rule of law safe, the rest of the world populated by subhumans, monkey pipples and fruity ass goofball voodoo cultures not so much. 
Imagine that.

So Poland is a western liberal democracy born of the Age of Reason now? Cool.

Eddie Teach

Poland's claims to being a modern western liberal democracy depend on their willingness to do what French, German, Dutch and British diplomats have decided they ought.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on April 05, 2013, 06:47:23 AM

Go fig;  western liberal democracies born of the Age of Reason and built upon the rule of law safe, the rest of the world populated by subhumans, monkey pipples and fruity ass goofball voodoo cultures not so much. 
Imagine that.

Didn't notice.  I don't pay attention to shit on the map to the right of Berlin.

Neil

Quote from: Tonitrus on April 03, 2013, 06:38:50 PM
Quote from: Jacob on April 03, 2013, 01:21:35 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2013, 12:10:05 PM
That's got to be a simple coding error.  Probably no safer country in the world.
Only thing that makes sense to me is that "avoid Fukushima" turned into "avoid some areas". But yeah, there's basically no safer country than Japan for travel.
I'll have to climb on board the "WTF Japan?" bandwagon.  Never felt safer anywhere in my life.
I can only assume that they accidentally included it with Russia and nobody caught it in proof.  It's important to remember that a lot of government employees are francophones, and thus don't do a very good job.

After looking it up on the government's website, there's a regional warning for Fukushima, and they're also worried about yellow fever.  And yet somehow they let Jacob into the country.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on April 05, 2013, 07:56:46 AM
After looking it up on the government's website, there's a regional warning for Fukushima

Which I'd already pointed out that the map showed. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 05, 2013, 07:09:12 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 05, 2013, 06:47:23 AM

Imagine that.
Didn't notice.  I don't pay attention to shit on the map to the right of Berlin.
I just assumed that Poland was part of Russia on the map.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on April 05, 2013, 07:58:43 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 05, 2013, 07:56:46 AM
After looking it up on the government's website, there's a regional warning for Fukushima

Which I'd already pointed out that the map showed. :P
Perhaps, but I skip a lot of your posts.  It's the only way I can keep from banning you for being a 13-year old girl.  But other people seem to like you, so I sacrifice for the good of The People.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.