News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Deplorable Anti-Black Attitudes

Started by Jacob, April 04, 2013, 01:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Habbaku

Weird.  I don't get the hate, myself.  Some of my favorite dogs are black.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 04, 2013, 01:40:17 PM
File that one under "D" for "Duh".

It's worse for the cats but black dogs get the same rap, and it's difficult for us to move them at the shelter.

Yep.  A real shame.  Two of mine are almost entirely black (one has a white spot); their mom's a tuxedo, and I guess their dad was solid black.  But the daughters are as sweet as can be.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on April 04, 2013, 07:42:15 PM
Weird.  I don't get the hate, myself.  Some of my favorite dogs are black.

I ain't your dog.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Scipio

We've got an almost totally black cat, with a splash of white fur at his junk.  This color discrimination is terrible.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Katmai is simply a product of his environment.  His dog is toast if it doesn't blend in with the snow.

11B4V

Clyde is more beaner color. Bonnie in background.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".