News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Deplorable Anti-Black Attitudes

Started by Jacob, April 04, 2013, 01:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Apparently black dogs are less likely to be adopted: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/04/04/bc-black-dogs-vancouver-island.html

Poor doggies :(

Though it seems that people in BC are more open minded than those prejudiced Saskatcheweenies.

CountDeMoney

File that one under "D" for "Duh".

It's worse for the cats but black dogs get the same rap, and it's difficult for us to move them at the shelter.

Phillip V

Eddie Teach

Black(well very dark gray) cats are the cuddliest.  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

I've heard of that before and it really bothers me, to the extent that when my current (red) dog dies, if we get another dog I'm going to insist on a black one.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

I bet black dogs and cats are more likely to get run over as well.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Black Dog get discriminated, White Dog discriminates.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Phillip V

I saw a stray black cat this morning. I stopped and stared. At first, it hissed, but then cuddled at my leg.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

That surprises me.  Black goes with everything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Viking

Quote from: Phillip V on April 04, 2013, 02:01:41 PM
I saw a stray black cat this morning. I stopped and stared. At first, it hissed, but then cuddled at my leg.

Cats are Bipolar :contract:
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

fhdz

Quote from: Jacob on April 04, 2013, 01:28:53 PM
Apparently black dogs are less likely to be adopted: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2013/04/04/bc-black-dogs-vancouver-island.html

Poor doggies :(

Though it seems that people in BC are more open minded than those prejudiced Saskatcheweenies.

That's ridiculous :( Black dogs are awesome.
and the horse you rode in on

11B4V

Aint white, :outback: it aint right.

Anyhoo, the Black lab/Retriever mix I had was a gorgeous dog. Looked like a jet black golden retriever.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".